Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CD player where the touch screen sort of folds down automatically in order for you to insert a CD. I was listening to a CD, ejected it, and put in a new one. I heard a click, click, click and then nothing. I can't get the CD to eject and I can't get the touch screen to fold back up. The radio still works but the CD player doesn't. I was thinking maybe a fuse, but it would be odd to have a separate fuse for the radio and CD player. I turned the car off and started it up again, but still doesn't work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
It’s sounds like you have a really sick radio. it’s not any fuse issue, by any means. You might want to pull the sound system head unit out. Have a radio shop, in you area. Take a look at it, and fix your system. That’s your best bet on getting your radio repaired.

If it really gets too expensive to repair. I’d look into a after market sound system from Crutchfield audio. Lot of optional radio. Even with Nav, Apple car play, and Android auto.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Never used CD's in my smart but many moons ago (when people actually used CD's) I had one stuck. I used a small screwdriver to guide the CD slightly down (or up), it was catching on something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts