Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new here to the smart community I just wanted to show off my new purchase its a 2006 smart cdi I just bought it a week ago from Florida. I had the car shipped up here to Iowa sight unseen, once I got the car back I drove it for about 50 miles and then tore into it. So far I have removed the EGR valve and cooler and all the hoses going to the cooler. I also removed the muffler here are some progress pictures as far as tuning goes I think im going to go with Malone tuning.

EGR valve and muffler off

cooler out

no coolant lines around the intercooler

new blocker plate made from stainless for the turbo where the cooler mounted

new turbo drain pipe made from stainless also my original one had a rust pinhole in it so I built this and tiged it together

exhaust mocked up

still waiting on my intercooler tube material and boots! please let know what you guys think any tips are appreciated!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Wow. I'm surprised at how small that turbo is. Really puts it in perspective with that quarter.

If we didn't have these SMOG laws here in CA I think I'd be turbocharged. I miss my PT Cruiser GT and that smile and "kick in the pants" that the turbo offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys little update I got the exhaust all welded up and installed and also got my new intercooler piping and boots enjoy!

ill post a link to youtube later on what it sounds like, I took it for a drive now I got it all buttoned up and the check engine light is on obviously from the egr being removed and not tuned yet I think it has a reduced engine power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys I got a short video posted on YouTube haven't ran it much yet. It's getting tuned tomorrow hopefully I notice a significant difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts