Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
235km on the ODO, one week old, started the car after work and the Check Engine Light came on, with no Message displayed in the Trip Computer. I checked the fuel cap, but that didn't fix it.

Car drives fine, with the exception of some sounds in the engine that I'm not familiar with (to be honest I've been driving with the JBL system cranked since I took delivery so I don't know what it sounds like normally)

Dropping it off in an hour, I'll let you guys know what happened. :crying:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm driving a base model CLA loaner, it's not as nice as my smart prime :) I should hear back in a few hours whats going on. the service manager made a comment about the sensors being a "bit too sensitive" sometimes, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Diagnosis: "A solenoid valve in the emission control system was too sensitive, everything is OK".

I'm going to pick up my car after work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please post what was done and whether it was successful or not... I'm having the same problem (CEL related to emissions) and do not have a solution after almost a month. I'm being told this is a software issue and probably the source of an upcoming TSB.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They replaced a malfunctioning secondary air injection valve.

"switchover valve for secondary air system"

They did it in an afternoon. Interesting that they had the part in stock, perhaps those valves malfunction frequently.

Car drives fine, better then that CLA loaner :D Good luck with your CEL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts