Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Central Florida smart owners held a rally in Oct. at The Villages near Ocala, FL. On hand was a photographer who moved us around into different positions for about an hour. Long line, split line, staggered line, etc. The article appears in Ocala Style Magazine for Jan. and can be seen here. Thanks to Harry Robinson of The Villages smart club for setting this meet up.
Oh, yeah - that's me on the far left next to the red/black Passion coupe. :eek:

http://www.ocalastyle.com/styleadmin/newsadmin/anmviewer.asp?a=1483

·
Banned
4,883 Posts
Nah... I avoided that guy like the plague... he was creepy. :D Honestly though... as much as we worked to get that picture I thought you'd be able to see more of the cars. :(

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah... I avoided that guy like the plague... he was creepy. :D Honestly though... as much as we worked to get that picture I thought you'd be able to see more of the cars. :(
Not with the wide-angle lens he was using. I kept asking him if we were in the photo and he said yes. Lens must have been a fish-eye or close to one! :(

·
Registered
973 Posts
We all have to admit it is a nice article even though many of us are not visable. The photographer told me he would post all of the pictures he took on his web-site after the article ran. I checked and they are not up yet but I will contact him and see if we can get access to them.

Ken

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Ken~!

We all have to admit it is a nice article even though many of us are not visable. The photographer told me he would post all of the pictures he took on his web-site after the article ran. I checked and they are not up yet but I will contact him and see if we can get access to them.
Ken
Thanks Ken, that would be nice to see! There should be a bunch of photos as he was clicking away for about an hour - in between moving all the cars into different configurations . . . :D

·
Registered
9,054 Posts
...congrats guys...nice to see some exposure of the little cars...
...news paper guys are something else..the guy that did an article on my '65 had me move around for almost an hour...every time he moved the color change forced him to take more pictures....yep...we did make the paper for the Brickyard edition way back then...front page of the sport page...black'n'white picture.....

jetfuel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts