Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
They also have a semi-metallic set for $5......heck, I'll buy both and give them a try. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked into it.
Parts Master is a house brand for AutoValue parts store.

Part number CMX1252 is shared by Advanced Auto and O'Reilly. I am guessing it's probably the same thing that other stores sell for $60 bucks.

I installed with a little bit of lube and anti-squeal on the backing plate. No issues so far.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
FWIW, I have the O'reillies on both of the smarts in our household. Just keep an eye on your rotors as these pads will wear them down quicker than the stock ones. Who cares anyway, the OEM rotors are throwaways and affordable enough .:)
I got the O'Reilly ones that you told me to get. So far, not a spec of dust! Thank you Kevin and Rich for that tip!!

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I got the O'Reilly ones that you told me to get. So far, not a spec of dust! Thank you Kevin and Rich for that tip!!
And you shouldn't !!! I had a slight bit of dust on the rims after the Dragon and that total trip was almost 2000 miles of travel. :) They are very good pads for going into corners with a tad of hard braking. ( I think I aged Rich a few years on our ride over the Cherohala Skyway :D )

·
Registered
12 Posts
I thoroughly agree with the purchase of the ceramic pads...they seem to be a quality product and work great. You will never get a better buy on the ANCO wiper blades; stock up before they are all gone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Put 'em on today

I got them yesterday, installed them and they seem to work just fine. Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts