Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
One of mine sat on the dealer's lot for two years. The other one sat on the lot for three years. Never had any issues with either of them and never noticed anything strange regarding the charging, etc. Both batteries test out very well with my test unit.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 14,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 1,500 miles

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
I always charge mine on a regular 110v outlet in my garage overnight and use the faster setting on the factory unit. It always over estimates how long it will take to charge to full. If I'm down around 20%, it will say it will take about 17 hours or so, but it usually is done in a few hours sooner than that. Never had any issues or quirks on either car.

Len

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
My timing estimate may be a bit off or maybe my state of charge was lower than 20%, but I think I've seen some 20+ hours to a full charge when only the two blinking lights were going. The thing resets to the two blinking lights when the power goes out or when it's unplugged. I usually remember to reset it to the faster rate when I start charging. It is not at all unusual for me to see 12 hours on the faster charging rate when I'm down around 30% or maybe even 40%. Both cars are similar though. Have to pay more attention next time.

Len

·
Super Moderator
2,018 Posts
You made me pay attention today. I was at 30% state of charge. Plugged it in using the fast setting (four lights) on a 110v outlet. Gauge tells me 13 hours to fully charge. That probably means it will be at 100% in 11 hours or so.

Len

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.