Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Lucky,

Where did you get these codes? They don’t sound like “standard” OBD2 codes.

Which model smart do you have? What are the symptoms your car is experiencing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a obd2 scanner, and that's what it displayed. Don't have any symptoms. I did a Google search and the only thing that came up was when a dodge ram had that code it's a coolant bypass valve. I'm going to
Take it to a parts store and have them check the code

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information.
I stopped at the parts store for a free scan. They came up with the same code P26AB. But didn't have the information on what it meant.
Maybe I'll check with the dealer before ordering a part

·
Registered
626 Posts
The P26AB Fault on a 453 is a faulty coolant bypass valve. Others have been successful to clear the fault by changing part number A2812030100. It’s located behind the wiper fluid reservoir and is not difficult to replace.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information.
I stopped at the parts store for a free scan. They came up with the same code P26AB. But didn't have the information on what it meant.
Maybe I'll check with the dealer before ordering a part
The P26AB Fault on a 453 is a faulty coolant bypass valve. Others have been successful to clear the fault by changing part number A2812030100. It’s located behind the wiper fluid reservoir and is not difficult to replace.
Does the part have to be ordered through the dealer? Tried a search
But nothing is coming up in the states

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I really hate to potentially jinx myself.... or my car..... but i'm kind of surprised, and pleased, that I have yet to have a CEL light up for something i didn't already have an idea what it was for, considering i'm just shy of 89,000 miles on the odometer. Only issue i had was a misfire, more than likely due to spark plugs, since turning the car off for a bit and back on fixed the issue. But if you want to hear a 453 sound like a motorcycle.... especially if you have no muffler.... have it running on only 2 cylinders. haha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts