Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
17,350 Posts
I guess our Pedestrian Friendly Alert Function is activated by pressing the center of the steering wheel :-D
This is a prime opportunity for some train horns... :naughty:

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is a prime opportunity for some train horns...
I seriously want to find one like that. I got completely shoved off the road the other day and even though I layed on my horn I don't even know if the old lady heard me. I don't even know if she ever saw me before or after she pushed me out of my lane. I want something that WILL be heard.

·
17,350 Posts
I seriously want to find one like that. I got completely shoved off the road the other day and even though I layed on my horn I don't even know if the old lady heard me. I don't even know if she ever saw me before or after she pushed me out of my lane. I want something that WILL be heard.
Hornblasters makes a kit that'll fit the smart nice and easy.

A few members here have installed some. I got to see one in person in Red Wing. It was just as loud and ear piercing as the K5LAs that the local commuter rail service uses.

Note: The video below is just a test, they are actually MUCH louder than that!

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/forums/f19/installed-some-hornblasters-train-horns-41682/

Ripcord's Smart fortwo Train Horn Install

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice to see gm stated that plug-in hybrid should give way to true electric car. Hate to see so often chevy volt taking over all the charging spots, when it burns and run on gas engine. Often i really need that boost to go home after going long trip, when they do not really need juice when they can run on gas.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I own a Chevy Volt and, although I can't speak for other Volt owners, if you can determine that my car is fully charged, I have no objection if you unplug my car to charge yours. If you truly need to unplug my car to charge yours in order to get home, just leave a note to that effect on my car. Note that the Volt has an option to sound the car alarm if someone pulls the plug when the car is locked. I never have this option enabled. The new Leaf's have an option to lock the plug so it can't be removed without unlocking the car.

I think you see a lot of Volts plugged into public charging stations precisely because it is a plug-in hybrid. If I had a pure electric vehicle I wouldn't want to depend on having a charging station available to get home. There may be someone else plugged in, a non-electric car parking in that spot (yes I've seen this several times), or the charging station may be out of order. There have been times I've driven to the address that was supposed to have a public charging station and I just plain couldn't find it or it was located in a restricted parking lot. But if I can avoid burning gas I will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts