Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mike700
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too am sick of paying sky high prices to Mercedes dealers for routine maintenance items on my 2016 453 ICE Smart

My car needs oil & oil filter change, a new engine air filter, and a new cabin air filter.

Looking for a recommendation of someone in Chicago area who can do the work.

Thanks! Mike700

PS - I'm 70 years old and can no longer do these types of jobs myself anymore.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,219 Posts
PM Miss Mercedes. She lives in the Chicago area and has been a smart owner for years. I am sure she can suggest someone or do it herself. I think she does most of her own repairs.

PS, I am almost 73 and still working on my car in the garage, but I hurt for a few days after. :(

·
Super Moderator
28,240 Posts
You youngsters.....:D

The normal service items you want done can be handled by any good auto repair shop. You may have to help them out the first time through but once they get a feel for the smart it will be no problem. We use the same local shop for all our cars. I buy oil and filters for the smart and the shop does the work. I've got the parts for a brake job on hand, just have to schedule the work with them now. :)

·
17,349 Posts
I do all of my own maintenance so I don't have a shop to recommend. But any halfway decent shop or lube place should be able to handle basic maintenance no sweat.

I do get out of warranty repairs done at small local shops that aren't scared of smarts. The two I've used are A1 Auto in Kenosha and K&M Auto in Round Lake.

But yeah, I'm also willing to drop by and meet new smart owners! A couple years ago I helped a friend in Milwaukee do his brakes! :D

·
Registered
6,848 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
You don't say where in Chicago area, but in the western burbs I recommend Euroquip in St Charles. Good guys, honest, but not cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I walk into Seattle Mercedes/smart dealer for service and my bill STARTS at $1000. I won't be buying another Mercedes anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts