Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
17,479 Posts
I'm 40 miles north of the city. The Chicago crew has disbanded as of 2012 or so.

Myself and a guy from Milwaukee have tried to start a Midwest club, however we still do not have any committed members or members that show up for meets.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My family & our two 2008 Smart stable (yellow Pure & blue Cabrio) live an hour west of Chicago, out in the cornfields, in DeKalb, IL. We are enthusiasts when our Smarts can be run reliably & safely. Both run fat tires all around. Yellow has been parked since last September for a fuel leak, not addressed by the fire-based recall, so I'll have to own the issue for now, I'll try to pull the belly pan yet this month & figure it out. The blue one has been hanging out at ISU / Normal, IL campus on & off last couple years. We'd probably join an annual area outing if it fit our schedule. Would happily meet with any interested others. Don't know that we'd be excited about joining a club. Nice to note Miss M is around here. There are maybe another 3-4 Smarts locally owned. Toxotes: PM me if you have something in mind, so we can try to plan whatever it is.

·
17,479 Posts
According to Google Maps, DeKalb and Chicago are equidistant from me..40 miles either way. :) Count me in!

Our friend from Milwaukee is willing to come down for meets as well. The new group was named "Wisconsin State Smarties" however it was intended to be a joint Wisconsin and Illinois group.

·
Registered
907 Posts
In the 80's my sister and brother in law lived in McHenry or maybe it was Fox Lake.
It was a nice area back then, not too much drama.

·
17,479 Posts
In the 80's my sister and brother in law lived in McHenry or maybe it was Fox Lake.
It was a nice area back then, not too much drama.
Heh, I'm in that general area now. There's uh...a bit more drama nowadays in both towns.

I graduated from Grant High School in Fox Lake. :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I went to Waconda Jr High.
In the late 60's early 70's my dad had a boat on Fox lake. In the morning we would have breakfast at the Marine Grill and later on meet friends on Grass lake at Blarney's Island.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts