Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally received my 90 day window ( second time) for a black / black Passion Coupe. Found an orphan two months ago after waiting since Nov. 07.
Anyone want my slot for the deposit? Am not in the mood yet to buy and re-sell for a few bucks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Finally received my 90 day window ( second time) for a black / black Passion Coupe. Found an orphan two months ago after waiting since Nov. 07.
Anyone want my slot for the deposit? Am not in the mood yet to buy and re-sell for a few bucks.
Read your agreement, Not authorized to transfer reservation. Unless things changed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point, will do.
If the right buyer wanted it, one could buy it and transfer same day...I believe.

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
So you're trying to sell your reservation now? :tomato:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup,
Last i noticed in Chicagoland, very very few blk ones and it sure beats waiting for one. Mine now is coming from an original Nov. 07 reservation.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't understand what you're doing. You don't need to sell to slot for your deposit - just contact SmartUSA to cancel your reservation and they'll give you the money back. Any "buy and re-sell" scheme is doomed by the fact that both Chicagoland dealers are sitting on about 20 cars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Decided to NOT keep order to sell vehicle later.
Called SMART and deposit on the way.

Hope the car goes to someone in Chicagoland :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I was at Loeber this week for 10K service. They must have 50 Smarts on the lot in most every color combination available. Even had several Brabus on the lot.

·
Red Roller Skate
3,895 Posts
Decided to NOT keep order to sell vehicle later.
Called SMART and deposit on the way.

Hope the car goes to someone in Chicagoland :)
Should I dare say it????

It sounds like they have a lot of "smarts" at your dealership. Pun most definitely intended. When I bought my orphan in February they had 20 cars on the lot at my center and I thought that was a lot.

·
17,372 Posts
If you call the dealer that mb1's car was destined for, you might be able to get first slot on the orphan list and save them the trouble of hunting a buyer. If they're sitting on 20-50 cars they may appreciate it.
Well, I'm nowhere near lincolnwood but smart center lake bluff has what I want! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts