Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(other than of course at either of the two Chicago area smart dealers) I like the L.A. groups thread on local 'smart sightings' and as I've only recently seen one on my travels close-in around the 'burbs thought I would start-off.

We saw a blue/black tridion coupe with new IL temporary tag and a Knauz dealer info plate on the front near the intersection of Palatine and Ela road in Palatine/Inverness this past weekend!

The last 451 smart we saw was a few weeks back in NW Indiana on Rt. 65 which also could have been someone on this forum (silver/black tridion coupe).

Please post other Chicagoland smart sightings (and photos if you get one) as I would hope this will become a more regular occurence. We hope ours will be here soon but seeing others around is encouraging

·
Registered
35 Posts
I finally saw my first smart in the wild. I have had my silver pure for two months. I have put 1400 miles on it and have still not seen another smart.

I finally saw my smart. It was a red (orange?) convertible at the Costco in Naperville. Perhaps not the right car to buy a gross of toilet paper from Costco with, but I was happy to finally see another one out there!

JPK
Silver w/Black Pure

·
Registered
30 Posts
I finally saw my first smart in the wild...

I finally saw my smart. It was a red (orange?) convertible at the Costco in Naperville. Perhaps not the right car to buy a gross of toilet paper from Costco with, but I was happy to finally see another one out there!

Hey, I think that was the same one I spotted on IL-59 in Plainfield! =)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Buffalo Grove - red/black passion

I saw my first smart parked in someone's driveway (possibly a forum member?) on my way in to work in Lincolnshire. It was a red/black tridion passion coupe on a side street off Thompson Blvd in Buffalo Grove. As we're getting our smart this Saturday, if I see it again I may put an info sheet on their windshield to share some forum info (unless of course they're a forum member already??). Loeber shipment that included my car was 15 so have to imagine a few more folks should be getting their cars?

·
Registered
499 Posts
smart sighting NW Indiana

I have seen a yellow and black fortwo twice in Porter County in the last couple of weeks on I94 and Hwy 20. Same color as the one I am expecting in June.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm in Naperville and just finally saw another SMART down the street! It is a red and silver cabrio (possibly the same one sighted in Costco mentioned here). I have the red and black passion.... So! Hi Neighbor (if you're aware of this forum)!:smartje.rd.zw::smartje.rd.zw:

·
Banned
845 Posts
only one so far...

i saw one smart about a month ago, white with black cell on st. charles road at rt 53. i've had my solid black pure a bit over 3 months now (first shipment at loeber/lincolnwood) outside of mine, i have seen only one since i left the dealership. it's kinda lonely out here.:(

·
Registered
861 Posts
I spotted a smart about 7 years ago parked off of Clark street, I freaked since I knew it wasn't available in the USA at the time, someone must have imported it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have seen 2 in the past couple weeks on Rte 12 near Lake Zurich and Palatine - a yellow/black and a black/black - I honked and waved.:):)

·
Registered
43 Posts
(other than of course at either of the two Chicago area smart dealers) I like the L.A. groups thread on local 'smart sightings' and as I've only recently seen one on my travels close-in around the 'burbs thought I would start-off.

We saw a blue/black tridion coupe with new IL temporary tag and a Knauz dealer info plate on the front near the intersection of Palatine and Ela road in Palatine/Inverness this past weekend!

The last 451 smart we saw was a few weeks back in NW Indiana on Rt. 65 which also could have been someone on this forum (silver/black tridion coupe).

Please post other Chicagoland smart sightings (and photos if you get one) as I would hope this will become a more regular occurence. We hope ours will be here soon but seeing others around is encouraging
Most likely you saw me in the silver / black smart in Indiana. I've only seen one other smart in the "wild" also, it was a yellow / black one on the North side of Indianapolis, going through McDonald’s drive through so I stopped quick to just say hello and shake his hand.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Another Loeber smart

Not sure if it was a forum member but we (I'm using our smart with my youngest for driving lessons) saw and waved to passion cab' - blue/black with a Loeber license frame and IL tag X29 xxxx at Roselle and Golf in Hoffman Estates yesterday we caught up to her and shared a wave! My wife's friend also saw a yellow (sorry no more details) at Fremd High School in Palatine yesterday as well so more our definitely showing up in the NW suburbs (including of course our silver/black passion coupe).

·
Registered
45 Posts
The week after delivery, I was going home south bound on River Road when I spotted a yellow smart heading north. I thought to myself, where is my wife going (her smart passion is yellow and silver very hard to miss), but it was a yellow and black cabrolet. I also wondered how my wife grew so much face hair - great to see some of the 7,000 or so folks in the wild.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
recent Chicago smart forum members sightings

Thought I would extend a warm welcome to some of our newest additions to the forum (sent a PM as well). We would all love to hear more specifics about your smart reservation adventures (still on resv list, planning to adopt, etc.). These folks have listed Chicago (or a variation) as their location:

jkshull
smartlm
mbeirne
Onthego2
BORICUA60610
Throwtoy

As of late we haven't posted too many new Chicagoland deliveries but I'm sure there are a LOT out there we just have't seen on the forum - let's hear from you!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Many congrats lil_yellow_cabriolet !

Hope all goes well, Loeber is great to deal with. Be sure you check out the service center and accessories area, they are both top notch.

On other smart sightings - second time I saw a 450 series (medium blue/ silver tridion coupe) in Palatine (on Quentin Rd by Dundee Rd) but this time we exchanged smart waves (first time I was in my other-than-smart Miata) . The car had temp IL tags so quite possibly could be a lurker on this forum? Anyway, many more stares and smiles at the gas station today (and possibly a little bit of envy with only a $32.56 fill up!)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another sighting yellow/silver passion coupe

Yesterday outside Linen's N Things on Dundee in Palatine. A yellow/silver passion coupe bought from Loeber, IL plate A12 XXXX. Looks like I'll have to carry SCOA info sheets around so more folks will know about the forum. This past holiday weekend was quite busy for us - lots of folks who saw us in our little smart were stopping to ask questions and many appear to want one of their own!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The great weather must have brought people out!

A few more Chicago area sightings to report -

Red/Black cabrio - seen Sunday around noon on Higgins Rd near Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg

Yellow/silver passion coupe - seen Sunday PM on NW Hwy near Central Rd in Mt Prospect in front of a realtor office

Yellow/black passion coupe - seen on the way into work today, Quentin Rd in Palatine

What a great weekend for a drive, we've jumped right into summer here in Chicago; hopefully we'll see a few more new members on the forum as of late we have several who have posted only once . . .

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another new smart in the NW 'burbs

Saw a white/black passion coupe parked in (north) Hoffman Estates by Palatine Rd. This one had standard IL plates that I believe were 'SMRT CAR' although I see that that plate is registered to an '05 Kia Sportage wagon - it was pouring rain today otherwise I would have put a smart forum info sheet on it!

If anyone else in Chicagoland see's it be sure to let them know about the forum!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Finally saw my first 451 on the road, other than mine. It was a yellow & black cabrio on Ogden Ave in Lisle Naperville area!

JPK

·
Registered
35 Posts
Neighbor down the street just took delivery of a red passion coupe. I have only seen one on the road since February, now there are two in my neighborhood.

JPK

1 - 20 of 31 Posts