Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3x112-aftermarket-aluminum-wheels-rim_60624742669.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normalList.1.4e9d5a20q370tE

I am very close to taking the plunge on these rims. The three hole sliver ones. They would be 15 inch 6.5 wide. I am a hate to wait guy and the slow boat from china syndrome would kill me, but I really like these rims. I would rather get my original design 5 rims repaired (several bends) or replaced but these for the same money would work for me. This would be a second Alibaba purchase for me, along time ago I bought some head sets and sold them at swap meets. That went well. Have any you used Alibaba recently? Company claims to have sold 3 sets to the United States. Any one here have these rims?

·
Registered
9 Posts
These look like Works Wheels knock-offs. I don't have any experience with these wheels, but the Works Wheels are awesome!

I imagine that you'll have to be the guinea pig for the forums as far as these particular wheels are concerned. Please let us all know how they are if you get them.

Cheers,
-Dan

·
Registered
255 Posts
How much are they per wheel?

What offset are you thinking in 15x6.5?

Another question (to them) is can they be two wheels one offset (ET) and two wheels another offset (ET) for the 4 piece minimum.

I'm looking for a set for a 450 - that would be 15 or 16x5.5 ET 30 front and 15 or 16x6.5 ET 0 rear :)

I got these (made in china) wheels on the 453 (17x8.5 ET 30) Rears:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much are they per wheel?

What offset are you thinking in 15x6.5?

Another question (to them) is can they be two wheels one offset (ET) and two wheels another offset (ET) for the 4 piece minimum.

I'm looking for a set for a 450 - that would be 15 or 16x5.5 ET 30 front and 15 or 16x6.5 ET 0 rear :)

I got these (made in china) wheels on the 453 (17x8.5 ET 30)
They quoted me 550 USD including shipping for 4 rims. I am looking for the Design 5 15inch 6.5 wide rear rim specs. I have not followed up as of yet.

Did you get yours direct from China or through a local entity. If from China what was your wait time and experience.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I got the 453 rims from an ebay seller located in china.
$950 shipped for 2 16x7s and 2 17x8.5s.
They arrived in 2 weeks.
They must have been shipped by air because sea freight is usually 2 months...
Sea freight is used on those wheels that are 100 piece minimum; they fill a container.

Anyways, I put in a request on that link you posted with 'requirements' (2) 15 x 5 ET30 and (2) 15 x 6.5 ET0 (450 sizing).
We'll see if anybody is willing to do a 4 piece order for $150 per piece.
With air freight it might go over $200 per piece.

Also, if you look at the picture of the wheels on the white smart, it has a 'stepped' lip, I'm guessing they are 17s.
So that wheel is designed around a 15" wheel face; you might get a 'flat' lip ordering 15s.

Wheels for a 451 are far easier as all four can be the same offset - it's just the rear can fit a 8" while the front can't.

As far as your Design 5 wheel specs, it should be stamped on the inside of the wheel 'ET??'

·
Registered
86 Posts
Unfortunately I do not have pictures of them from my old set up because it was before I decided to start obsessing over my car but I had these wheels on my old smart with it lowered a little as well. They are indeed a copy of the work wheels I believe and just beware they are a tad bit heavier but on my white smart with a red roof it looked cool to me

·
Registered
86 Posts
Also I dont remember the seller but those are definitely the rims and you can negotiate with the sellers. Unless you want to pay a hefty fee expect snail mail lol I know I waited around 3 weeks but it was worth it.

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,094 Posts
I bought rims through Alibaba from a China company called BYT. I had several e-mail correspondence with the saleswoman and they were very accommodating to me. The wheels came air express in about 2 weeks. The wheels were $100 each for 7x15. The total was almost $550. They would not accept American credit cards or Paypal so the only alternative for me was to send the money through Western Union. My only point of contempt was that the Western Union office advised against me sending that much money. They advised that there was no guarantee that I would receive my wheels and there was little to no recourse if they didn't send them. I didn't want to be out that much money. But I reluctantly sent the money and sweat bullets until the wheels arrived via UPS, 4 individual bright yellow boxes. The wheels were pristine and very well packed. So I lucked out. Alibaba seems to be very conscious of it's sellers and if a retailer chose to rip you off they would no longer be on Alibaba. But order at your own risk. Also the new rims seem to be much more durable and not as soft as my old Design 5 wheels. DCO

·
Registered
255 Posts
Chinese copy but nice

I just got some 3x112 rims from China.
They appear to be copies of the $3000+ (shipping from Germany) Brabus euro spec 451 wheel set.

16x6.5 ET30 (Front) - 17x7.5 ET33 (Rear)

Was $800 delivered to my door.

I couldn't get my bank to do a wire to mainland China on another set from alibaba but Ebay and Paypal will make the transaction to the 'restricted' international countries...

Took about two weeks: https://www.ebay.com/itm/173749312887

1 - 12 of 12 Posts