Smart Car of America Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
I'd be really interested to see EPA mileage figures, and read some reallife MPG results, but I could honestly see it potentially getting more MPG than the smart, even with the bigger engine. There have been numberous cars over the years that had engines available with significant displacement variations (ie, a 4banger or a 6, V6 or v8, etc) and the larger engine was simply a much better match and therefore worked less to get better MPG ratings.

This car is scary as crap to me though. I'm also curious about the engine, not sure what motor series it is, would like to find out more about it and the trans.

Noble safety features...........

Dual Airbags: The front row airbags can quickly discriminate between a serious accident and not so serious crash and send out the order to open the airbag in time to best protect the driver. EUO central controller is the leader air bag technology from which we adopt the software system that provides the functionally.

ABS+EBD:BOSCH 8.0 ABS system is the most l advance in the world and provides the most safety features in braking technology. The coordination between ABS and EBD improve the safety and operation.

Reverse radar: The auxiliary instrument for safety, it informs the driver about any obstruction behind the car, this assist in parking and backing up.

The strengthened chassis design: Our Mitsubishi design center uses to be most advanced science and technology. It is outstanding in the chassis design, driving aspects, noise impediment and tire control. The front suspension system is MacPherson, the rear end adopts the helical spring. The suspension was produced according to the best geometry design. It improves the safety coefficient maximum.

Four-wheel disc + GOODYEAR tires: The four-wheel disc brakes provide steady and reliable braking in emergency stops. The 235\65R17GOODYEAR tire with 17 inch aluminum alloy wheel hubs, is sporty and it has excellent braking performance.

Somewhere over the past year, we encountered a Yugo. I had driven one back in the early 1980's and found it to be horrible. Upon revisiting the thing (this time in daylight), I was struck by how many "sharp edges" the thing had. And, not just under the hood, but in the rear area of the hatchback and at the sides of the instrument panel, all open to view and contact.

I didn't drive it that time, but I doubt that Yugos have gotten better in the last thirty years.

On the other hand, while up in Quebec City back in the early 2000's, I had the opportunity to ride in (but not drive) a little Lada four wheel drive vehicle. (I think it was the same model as was seen in the James Bond movie Goldeneye. Despite all that I've heard about how horrible the Soviet made vehicles were, it was a workmanlike vehicle, well put together and comfortable enough to sit in and ride.

Trabats? Haven't ever even seen one of those. I doubt that they were imported over here. You Euros have all the luck...

NOBLE G4 Gas ( 4 Passenger )
Model
G4
FOB PRICE to Dealers
Call and ASK for the Wholesale to Dealers

Length
9 Ft. 9 Inches
Width
5 Ft. 2 Inches
Height
5 Ft. 2 Inches
Track Width
4 Ft. 6 Inches
Wheel Base
6 Ft. 6 Inches
Minimum Ground Clearance ( Full Load )
5.6 Inches
Maximum Speed
87 MPH
POWER SPECIFICATIONS
Engine
D468QA
Engine Type
16 Valve Aluminum Head With Double Overhead Camshaft
Displacement
1.1 Liter Engine
Horse Power
67 HP
Maximum Torque
.73 Ft. Pound
Exhaust
Standard
Gasoline Tank Size
10 Gallons
Fuel Consumption
45 to 55 MPG ( Depending on Driving Speed & City or Country )
FUCTION SPECIFICATIONS
Air Conditioning
Included
Remote Control Door Locks
Included
Electric Windows
Included
Electric Rear Mirror
Included
6 Way Adjustable Driver Seat
Included
Rear Window Electric Defroster
Included
Advance Electric Instrumentation
Included
Spare Tire
Included
SAFETY SPECIFICATIONS
Dual Air Bags ( Driver & Passenger )
Included
High Strength Integral Body
Included
All Seat Safety Belts
Included
Anti Drizzle Rear Mirror
Included
High Mounted Stop Lamp
Included
Electric ABS+EBD Braking System
Included
Fog Lamps
Included
Front Disc & Rear Drum Brakes
Included
Steel Reinforced Body
Included
CHASSIS SYSTEM
McPherson Independent Suspension/ Helical Spring / Spring Trailing Arm with Whole Rear Bridge
Electric Power Assisted Steering
195/50/R15 Tires
Aluminum Wheels Hubs
ACCESSORIES ADDED
Radio with MP3 and USB Connection
Included
4 Sound Track High Fidelity Stereo Audio
Included
360 Degree Wind Outlets
Included
INTERIOR & EXTERIOR TRIM
High Gloss & High Strength Print
Included
Colorful Interior Trim
Included
Rear Deflector
Included
Advance Fabric Seats
Included
Fold Down Rear Passenger Seat
Included
http://www.mymizer.com/nobleg4specifications.html :)

I didn't drive it that time, but I doubt that Yugos have gotten better in the last thirty years.

Trabats? Haven't ever even seen one of those. I doubt that they were imported over here. You Euros have all the luck...
Personally, I don't think that the Yugo was all that bad to begin with, all things considered. Zastava built the Yugo (or variants of it) for almost 30 years. Production ended last year, but the Yugo has a strong following in Eastern Europe, where it's popular due to affordability, parts availability, and aftermarket hopups. The Yugo was based on Fiat designs that proved themselves as decent cars before Zastava picked them up, and it's still a popular car choice where available.

I've not seen a Trabant either, but at least a few made it over here (gray market, I'm sure). I used to work with this funny German woman, and she told me of one for sale about 20 minutes from my hometown. She was interested in it, but had no desire to buy it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.