Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Halloween weekend, 4 weeks until Thanksgiving. Anybody want to get together for a local cruise of Christmas lights? We've got Newport News Park, Va Bch Boardwalk, and the Norfolk Botanical Garden to choose from, any ideas folks?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bride & I are making a hat, only it'll be green/white with pointed ears. I figure with the red car the red would overpower everything so we'll be an elf. We did some shopping today, we now have green hats to wear with the one we're making for the smart. anybody do a wind test on these hats? How fast can you go before they sail away?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife & I are doing the Norfolk Botanical Gardens Christmas Lights 11 Dec. We will be having dinner at Golden Corral in Norfolk on Norview Ave at 6 PM followed by the lights. Any & all smarts invited, dutch treat. Please RSVP so I know if we need to wait for anybody.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We arrived at G/C at 5:45 and waited until 6:05, since no one showed up we had a leisurely dinner and did some Christmas shopping instead of seeing the lights. I'm not planning any more Christmas events this year folks.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Starting early this year, anybody want to go see some of the Christmas lights? If so, which ones and when? There's Newport News, Norfolk Botanical Garden and Va Bch boardwalk. Bring your Santa Hat or reindeer antlers.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a go for Christmas light event, plan is to meet at the Holiday Inn Express, Norfolk, at exit #281B off Route #64 on Saturday evening, December 10. This is two exits after the airport exit. The hotel will be on your left as you drive onto Military Highway. Because it will be the holiday season, we should meet early (5:00 PM) to get a seat. We may wait until 5:30 PM for any late comers. After we eat, we drive up Military Highway to Norview Ave., turn right, and go to the Gardens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts