Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I haven't used the cigarette lighter in a very long time probably before I installed my DRL's a couple of months ago. Now yesterday I tried to plug in my iPhone and it doesn't do anything... no charge. I tried two different chargers and nothing. Is there a designated fuse for the lighter? I even took it apart to make sure I had plugged it back in from the back and yes everything seems fine.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I just went out and looked for fuse #21, and to my surprise it is blown. Will head over to my local auto parts store and buy one later on today. I wonder what triggered it... the DRL's? weird...

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Thanks guys, I just went out and looked for fuse #21, and to my surprise it is blown. Will head over to my local auto parts store and buy one later on today. I wonder what triggered it... the DRL's? weird...
No explanation for random occurrences. They happen randomly at any given time, that's why it's a good idea to carry a set with you if you road trip long distance.

No surprise that you had a blown fuse though. It may have occurred the last time you were unplugging a device from your power outlet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What if it is NOT the fuse?

Just found the link on the site for the manual. will check fuse 21 later on today. Thank you!
The socket of my lighter "feels" a little loose, that is when i put my adapter in. When it was working, toward the end, it started to become intermittent, which leads me to think it is that socket itself. Any suggestions where to go from here? i checked the fuse & it was okay.
Thanks for anybody's solution!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't know if it is the case with the smart but on older German cars I have the diameter of the cigar ate lighter opening is slightly larger than those on other cars. In some cases I have used a small plastic sleeve designed to take up the slack. Some cell phone 12v chargers used to come with one for use in just such a situation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts