Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ex Admin/mod.
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There you go linking us to french sites again.
Sorry. It's just a commercial gimmick, not for the US market anyway. I was hoping to see something more classic like the "new" Fiat 500, MINI and Beetle.
I'll post more technical info when available and in English. Autopia may do a story...
In short, the story says that it will be an upgrade to three of the existing range of models, with more to it, to "match the German big three" (Mercedes, Audi and VW), whatever that means?

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
OMG, this was the worst car I have ever owned. I swear it started rusting on the dealer showroom floor. I think it actually may have been made of compressed rust instead of steel. A friend of mine who had one in England actually had a door fall off while driving down the highway! I actually love the looks of it but hope they improve the engineering.

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
OMG, this was the worst car I have ever owned. I swear it started rusting on the dealer showroom floor. I think it actually may have been made of compressed rust instead of steel. A friend of mine who had one in England actually had a door fall off while driving down the highway! I actually love the looks of it but hope they improve the engineering.
Customer: is that RUST?!
Salesman: nooo, that's just....um....the...air intake.
c: the door's coming off RIGHT AS WE SPEAK!!!
s: it's supposed to do that, it's just saying hi.
c: the roof is caving in from the rust!!!
s: are you gonna buy the car or not?
c: sure, where do I sign the papers?:D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had bought mine, I don't remember the exact model, used. So I knew there was some rust on it but holy cow that thing fell apart so fast. I think by the time I finally sold it for parts it was more bondo than anything.... Fun thread though!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've owned classic Citroens for over 30 years. In general, they rust no worse than most of their contemporaries. It was industry-wide. I still have a 1960 DS that lived near Salt Lake City most of its life, and looks close to new. It even still has its original exhaust system and tires.

They are magic to drive and I wouldn't be without one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've always like the Citroen DS but never had the nerve to try and own one. The first thing that drew me to my Prius was it reminded me of one of the newer Citroens. Beautiful cars but still not up to reliability standards though according to most reviews online. Would also love to have a 2CV

1 - 13 of 13 Posts