Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found a great deal on a City Flame with only 7k miles on it today so we traded in the 2008 cabrio with 109k for a new smart. :) Can't believe our luck!! :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did they give you for your 2008 cabrio?
Only $2500 but ours had a motor mount going and a problem with the catalytic converter fan so one in better condition could much better. KBB ballpark showed at $3600.

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Only $2500 but ours had a motor mount going and a problem with the catalytic converter fan so one in better condition could much better. KBB ballpark showed at $3600.
That's kind of depressing, since mine is a 2008 cabrio. But then, I plan to keep driving it until it's a problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...good for you...congrats...and just 109K miles....

Jetfuel...Brabus suspension soon???.?
Better half wants to keep this one mostly stock... We're still waiting on the other 2008 to get the valve job finished on it and I may keep that one to play with..

I was shocked at how much better mpg it got... I have a feeling the engine may have been fixing to give out in the cabrio. Oh... and GOD DO I MISS CRUISE CONTROL. LOL Dealership was 3 hours from the house... long drive.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's kind of depressing, since mine is a 2008 cabrio. But then, I plan to keep driving it until it's a problem.
Keep in mind your car is in much better condition than mine was. You're also much nicer to yours.... I drove my cabrio like I was impersonating an F1 driver. :D

·
He's not mine
9,607 Posts
Keep in mind your car is in much better condition than mine was. You're also much nicer to yours.... I drove my cabrio like I was impersonating an F1 driver. :D
Hmmm, I drive mine like a go-kart most of the time. Hey, you only live once.
My right foot is composed of plutonium.

But, I'm only a lttle over 72K

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
You spend over 90% of your time (assuming you clean and polish a lot) inside your smart and that is what you almost always see. The interior in the City Flame is what sold me on the car...I also like yellow...a lot! The yellow and black leather dash and seats are very easy on my eyes and more comfortable than the older black leather seating. I am putting matching black leather with yellow stitching on the inside door panels to round out the interior.
I have a Brabus suspension and I also am debating whether I will use it as the ride is so nice in the '13. I will see how it leans after I get the wider tires and wheels on the car and decide then.
Congrats on your City Flame.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts