Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about this the today. I really feel sorry, for smart owners
that can’t get reparable maintenance, and services on there smart cars.
They be left be out in the cold, by MB brand, smart USA. They don’t have
The mechanically ability, software etc. To service they own car.
I really believe a new post should be started. By the smart community
here. Start share good shop they have found around there cities.
That are qualified to work on smart cars.

Kansas City

*Aristocrat motors authorize smart service department
  • Christian Brothers Automotive. JD Powers #1 3 years in a row. Nation wide
  • K & H automotive repair. Mission Kansas

Des Moines Iowa

* Ace body and Motor Repair. Specialize in smart car repair

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I was at Mercedes-Benz of Knoxville last week and asked my service rep if they were still working on smart cars and he said they were. I'm sure there must be more places in East Tennessee.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
I just spoke with Leith Mercedes in Cary, NC - Service 919-283-6168. The service person there said they still service both ICE and EV Smarts. I've used them twice in the past and received great service both times. Got to say that both of my visits were warranty issues and I didn't have a bill to pay, but I'd expect them to be expensive. They do give a veterans discount in their parts department though. If they were closer to me, I'd consider using them. The problem is that they are 150 miles away and with my EV's, that's about a ten to twelve hour trip. :(

Len

Reactions: smark

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
4,061 Posts
Flat tow one EV behind the other. Stop halfway, reverse the tow and towed cars and recharge both while you are at the dealer's. Reverse the process on the way home. Just an off the wall thought. :geek:

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Another option is to drive it to within 100 miles of the dealership and use my AAA membership for the rest of the trip. :)

That's probably only good for one way though.

Len

Reactions: 1983JZR3W

·
Registered
453 Pure Coupe
3 Posts
Denver Colorado- Hoover Mercedes (Parker, 720-290-1364 ) will get your smart EQ/ED to them for the cost of gas for their towing vehicle if you are in the Denver Metro area. Just had them do my 6k maint on my 2018, and they handled it very nicely; Recommended since their mechanic has the Mercedes certs including on the electric drives (still).

·
Registered
346 Posts
Southern California: West Covina Mercedes Benz: $4100. for oil change, replace flat belt, spark plugs and front brakes. Oh yeaaaaah, couldn't be more happy (NOT).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I sure hope you misplaced the decimal point. :eek:
No, unfortunately I didn't. Isn't that ridiculous? My car is a 2012 Pure. I keep it in prime shape. I only have 60k on the engine and had the 60k maintenance done probably 5 years ago at around 30k, cause what's that deal where so many k, or 5 years? Something like that. Oh well. I don't drive much anymore now days and I may fill up in gas once a month. I figure that I doubt ever getting a new car again, or another car for that matter, so yep, that's what the dealer charged me much to my displeasure, and they don't care anymore now days. Thanks for responding though.

·
Super Moderator
17,938 Posts
Here are the ones that I have experience with. When I get back on desktop I'll edit post #1 with everyone's answers.

Northeast Illinois
  • Mercedes-Benz of Orland Park
  • Christian Brothers Automotive (multiple locations).
  • Willow Creek Community Church (Barrington, must be a member and must not be able to afford the repair).
  • Merlin (multiple locations).
  • Mike More Miles (multiple locations).
  • JET Mobile Auto Repair (McHenry County).

My personal favorite is JET. The owner comes to you and his prices cannot be beat.

Southeast Wisconsin
  • A1 Auto Repair (Kenosha).
  • Velasquez and Sons (Kenosha).

Reactions: wahi and Ety Bity

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here in Ohio there is a MB dealership that works on Smarts...but....they charge and arm,leg and any other body part you do not mind losing...and they are 50 miles from me....so at the same distance I go to Christian Brothers Automotive in Broadview Heights,Ohio.
One of the founders used to own Smarties...so I trust them and they are very reasonable.
Taking my Smart to them this fall for a complete inspection and brake check and replacement if needed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts