Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
To the XCAPEPOD!
6,076 Posts

Limited edition Smart Fortwo Citybeam on sale this month, at dealers in April

New special model smart fortwo edition citybeam: Short, sporty and exclusive

Stuttgart/Brussels, Jan 10, 2014

A dynamic exterior and a sporty, elegant interior: the new special model smart fortwo edition citybeam makes a sporty statement with bodypanels in metallic or matt paintwork, tridion safety cell in silver and three-double-spoke alloy wheels with wide tyres. In the interior the exclusive black seats in leather optic with crystal grey fabric inserts in the backrest and crystal grey stitching catch the eye. Ordering of the smart fortwo edition citybeam starts on 15 January 2014 with prices from €14,490. The special model is available as a coupé and a cabrio and will reach dealers in April 2014. Customers can choose between either a combustion engine or an electric motor.

The latest smart fortwo special model that celebrates its premiere at the Brussels Motor Show on 10 January 2014 has been christened "edition citybeam". The smart citybeam is an individual model from smart with a distinctive character at attractive prices. The most striking exterior features are the bodypanels, which are available in light blue, silver metallic or matt anthracite depending on the market and customer preferences, the silver tridion safety cell and the 3-double-spoke alloy wheels with wide tyres (175/55 R 15 at the front and 195/50 R 15 at the rear) in a dynamic design. The vehicle also boasts titanium-coloured headlamps, LED daytime driving lights and the edition logo in the mirror triangles.

Sporty elegance defines the interior of the smart citybeam: the high-quality seats in black leather optic are accentuated by crystal grey fabric inserts in the backrest and crystal grey stitching. Further features include the instrument panel in leather optic with crystal grey stitching, a striking two-section knee pad in black/crystal grey leather look, a 3-spoke leather sports steering wheel with shift paddles and crystal grey stitching, and specially produced floor mats embroidered with the edition lettering.

The limited model is based on the passion equipment line, which means that standard features include softouch automatic gear programme, electric windows, air conditioning with automatic temperature control and a transparent panoramic roof with sunblind. The audio system basic is also on board. The smart fortwo edition citybeam is available as a coupé and cabrio, with a 52 kW mhd petrol engine, a 62 kW in-line turbo engine or as a 55 kW electric drive. Prices start at €14,490.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Smart "special editions" are so ordinary, that it actually sorta embarasses me. They reach in the parts bin and slap a car together like Mr. Potato head, and tell us it's unique. I really wish they'd just stop.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Smart "special editions" are so ordinary, that it actually sorta embarasses me. They reach in the parts bin and slap a car together like Mr. Potato head, and tell us it's unique. I really wish they'd just stop.
Unfortunately true. I have to agree. Other than the everyday Brabus, the SharpRed and the LightShine packages are the only interesting special editions that graced our shores.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Look at that dash, those wheels, and the seats. Let's see how many smart cars you can find with those wheels, those seats, that dash.

GO!

·
DrKillerBee
1,493 Posts
Dollars to doughnuts that the wheel become matte black 9 spokes when it hits our shores.
I liked the City Flame Edition except for those matte black wheels. Different yellow and a nice interior made me interested.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What is the REAL reason why smarts don't come with Brabus tinted headlights here in the States? And they cost so much aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
What's on the left side of the steering column?
EU models only. It's either a headlight or daytime running light height adjustment switch. Nothing we can do short of buying the entire assembly from a EU model. The purpose is to adjust the lights based on how much weight you are carrying in your car and what that weight does to the angle of the lights.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Classic that the :smartlogo: is backwards on the photoshopped image.

A ton of those images are floating around by Smart. They photoshop the wheels on, change the colors, and bam, a stock image of a different Smart. Heck, we have a red one with 6-spokes on the top of SCOA now.

Only differences are that if it faces left or right. I've seen the wheel and antenna on both sides, but I've never seen the badge forgotten.

This is the first time I've seen an oversight though. Boo to whatever graphic artist pulled that one off. Boo... Hiss...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts