Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
King of Smart Gadgetry
1,075 Posts
I really enjoy this trio. I was very sad when Top Gear fell apart, but I am glad this trio stayed togther. They have great chemistry and whatever they do is always interesting even if it is sometimes esoteric. I'd really like to see the BBC hire them back because you have to sign up for Amazon Prime to watch The Grand Tour. Richard Hammond goes all the way back to a 450 !

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and signed up so I get updates. I love watching these three...

I unfortunately watched a couple of episodes of Top Gear with Chris Evans hosting. Wow, that was sad to say the least. He's just not a real car guy IMHO. Everything he does and says looks fake. He looks like he should be hosting a fashion show, not a car show... And having Matt LeBlanc as the co-host just isn't right on a British car show. He's not a bad guy, just not right for the part...:shrug:

I was so disappointed, I even deleted my DVR event for recording Top Gear... Now I hear they have cancelled the American version on the History Channel. Just when I thought the three of them were gaining chemistry and becoming entertaining...

·
Registered
72 Posts
In addition to their new series "The Grand Tour" on Amazon, they have a new automotive centered website launching this Autumn: drivetribe :)
Thanks for the reminder! I follow GT on Twitter but have been meaning to sign up for drive tribe. Can't wait to see the new show, signed up for tickets to their filming in CA but they haven't notified the winners yet. So anxious!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts