Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Definitely impressed with his work on it.
I
This reminds me I need to do a through vacuuming of the carpet in mine.
I would remove the seats but I’m afraid I’ll possibly turn on the key and trip the light.(not sure if my buddies scan tool could clear the code if I did)

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely impressed with his work on it.
I
This reminds me I need to do a through vacuuming of the carpet in mine.
I would remove the seats but I’m afraid I’ll possibly turn on the key and trip the light.(not sure if my buddies scan tool could clear the code if I did)
Disconnect your car battery.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 450 doesn't have airbags in the seat. I gutted the interior to clean and try to determine what changes were made to make it US-compliant.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I need to pull the carpet in mine as I found out my passenger side carpet foam is damp(from the nuts at my local Walmart trying to change the battery in pouring rain) so I will have to let the carpet lay in the sun to help it.(yay!)
It will have to sit for awhile with the seats and carpet out but it’s better then getting mold under the carpet.

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My 450 doesn't have airbags in the seat. I gutted the interior to clean and try to determine what changes were made to make it US-compliant. View attachment 66295

Your 450, was never sold here in the US. So it really wasn’t compliant this this country. There were a couple hundred gray market ones, sold by Windy City smart. In Chicago. you Wouldn’t have any airbags under your seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts