Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all.

My passenger headlight did not have the rubber inside cover on it (not sure how long it was missing)but I have since replaced the rubber cover. The issue is there is a kinda dirty residue on the inside of the clear bubble part of the light that the bulb shines into. I guess it's dirt/grime from when the rubber cover was missing.

Standing at the front of the car and looking at the headlight I am speaking of the round inner glass part. I'm not removing the entire light, so the only way I can think to clean the light is to remove the bulb and stick like a coat hanger, etc. in the tiny whole with cotton, or something on the end to wipe it out. My passenger light is to dim. (Not a bulb, or power thing) it is a dirty thing, so that's why I have to clean it.

Any ideas on how else to clean it beside what I have mentioned?

Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna start working on it this morning. If I had time I would remove the light to really get at it, but with Saturday being my only day off and me going away for the day today I only have a couple of hours this morning to get this done.

I was also thinking about a garden hose with some cleaning solution?

Thanks for the help

maybe some rubbing alcohol on the cotton but sounds like it may work.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Don't forget before and after pictures.
I have the same issue. The passenger side projector lens seems foggy, not bad enough to replace.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to correct the problem with some vinegar windex and some basic supplies. I'll post some pics when I can, but basically I went in through the lense opening and cleaned it out, however with all the rushing I did not grab a before pic. I'll post pics later.

Thanks.

maybe some rubbing alcohol on the cotton but sounds like it may work.

Don't forget before and after pictures.
I have the same issue. The passenger side projector lens seems foggy, not bad enough to replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts