Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cleaning those 9 spoke wheels are a bear. trying to get the rim where the spoke meets the rim is hard with my big fingers. does anyone have a good whhel brush that does the job good. if so could you give me a picture so i could look for it.

thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
1. Google "wheelbrush"

2. visit local Walmart/K-Mart/auto-parts-store/supermarket - look on shelf

If fingers too big to clean wheels, must have huge keyboard to type all the questions on :>)

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
I haven't ever found a wheel brush that's as good as an old soapy thick washcloth that I can cram in all the nooks and crannies. With the right washcloth, the nine-spoke smart wheels are simple, and you can just throw the washcloth in the laundry when you're done.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smark...good idea if i had the money to buy wheels. if i could i would get a 3 to 5 adapter kit and put on american mags

philysmart.....thank you for the complement on my fingers. they do good in wringing necks (like in chickens)

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
T Robinson. Walmart, Target. Any auto supply store. Carry all kinds of thin wheel cleaning brushes. Make sure, it has soft bristles. They bend around corner too. The front wheels are always the dirties. Brake dust. I finally got rid of the OEM, and the replacement EBC green brake pads. Went to ceramic pads. Less brake dust. I had a smart car jack and tool set too. I would sometimes, remove the front wheels. Wash the inside of them, with my home pressure washer. They were so dirty. I hate brake dust. If you don't mind get wet. You crawl under the back. Clean the inside rims. You don't need to do that ever time. There are plenty of options out there to choose from.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks smark. i too am going to ceramic pads very soon. i HATE brake dust too plus that stuff is bad for any finish on the rims and if left long enough it etches it.

does anyone know if these wheels have silver paint or it's just raw metal.

when i get my new tires i have to buy 2 more rear rims and then i will paint them white to match the car and clear coat them. i've done this to my other cars and motorcycles over the years.

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
thanks smark. i too am going to ceramic pads very soon. i HATE brake dust too plus that stuff is bad for any finish on the rims and if left long enough it etches it.

does anyone know if these wheels have silver paint or it's just raw metal.

when i get my new tires i have to buy 2 more rear rims and then i will paint them white to match the car and clear coat them. i've done this to my other cars and motorcycles over the years.
Powder coated paint.

·
17,476 Posts
T Robinson. Walmart, Target. Any auto supply store. Carry all kinds of thin wheel cleaning brushes. Make sure, it has soft bristles. They bend around corner too. The front wheels are always the dirties. Brake dust. I finally got rid of the OEM, and the replacement EBC green brake pads. Went to ceramic pads. Less brake dust. I had a smart car jack and tool set too. I would sometimes, remove the front wheels. Wash the inside of them, with my home pressure washer. They were so dirty. I hate brake dust. If you don't mind get wet. You crawl under the back. Clean the inside rims. You don't need to do that ever time. There are plenty of options out there to choose from.

Oh smark you're my hero. I squat down to where my butt is sitting on my ankles (try doing that in heels!) to do my 453 wheels (can't sit on the ground as that'll dirty my dresses). I'm going to pick one of these babies up instead!

·
Registered
7,205 Posts
Oh smark you're my hero. I squat down to where my butt is sitting on my ankles (try doing that in heels!) to do my 453 wheels (can't sit on the ground as that'll dirty my dresses). I'm going to pick one of these babies up instead!
You can get into lug nut bolt holes too. Look for a brush, that has micro fibers. Not the kind, your mom use to clean,
your baby bottle with. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts