Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are plans or even if in the UK if there are any panels avalible that you can get that are clear or see through? (Transparent)

·
Smartmadness.com
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm. I think that would be an interesting look if can be made out of the same materials that SMART uses.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was wondering if there are plans or even if in the UK if there are any panels avalible that you can get that are clear or see through? (Transparent)

what panels would you want clear? Clear doors for instance you would see the window mechanism, I mean you cant see the engine like in a Ferrari... Just trying to figure out which panel would even look good in a clear???

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
what panels would you want clear? Clear doors for instance you would see the window mechanism, I mean you cant see the engine like in a Ferrari... Just trying to figure out which panel would even look good in a clear???
SUGGESTION......with 'clear panels' one could paint the inside of the panels to whatever color they wanted and the paint would be permanantly 'clear coated' by the plastic.

also, i think just 'clear' by itself would be kind of cool. yea, you wouldn't see a lot of mechanics, but i think the concept is interesting.....:cool:

·
Registered
329 Posts
SUGGESTION......with 'clear panels' one could paint the inside of the panels to whatever color they wanted and the paint would be permanantly 'clear coated' by the plastic.

also, i think just 'clear' by itself would be kind of cool. yea, you wouldn't see a lot of mechanics, but i think the concept is interesting.....:cool:
Have you been painting R/C vehicles lately? They all come with clear bodies you paint from the inside. Is that where you got the idea? Its a pain to paint those things but it always comes out perfect.

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Have you been painting R/C vehicles lately? They all come with clear bodies you paint from the inside. Is that where you got the idea? Its a pain to paint those things but it always comes out perfect.
yea, the finish on that procedure is OUTSTANDING....EVERY TIME!!! :rolleyes:

But then I would have to ware pants or something.
...only if you're a GUY!!! :D

·
Registered
861 Posts
since the 1st week I was on this board I have wanted and asked about clear panels and glow in the dark panels, Mad Wrapper can you wrap with glow in the dark wrap?

·
Banned
33 Posts
Glow in the Dark Smart

since the 1st week I was on this board I have wanted and asked about clear panels and glow in the dark panels, Mad Wrapper can you wrap with glow in the dark wrap?
Haven't used Glow in the Dark yet but I'll get with my rep and get a sample to test out. The curves are the tougher areas on a Smart and the vinyl has to be very flexible. Once I test I will let you know.

DaveB:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think transparent panels would definately make for an interesting look.

How about FROSTED panels, with custom lighting in behind? You could change the colour of the car just by changing the bulb colour. You could also eliminate your turn signals, etc. and use the PANELS as your indicators.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I think transparent panels would definately make for an interesting look.

How about FROSTED panels, with custom lighting in behind? You could change the colour of the car just by changing the bulb colour. You could also eliminate your turn signals, etc. and use the PANELS as your indicators.
Oooh, very cool. I'll take one!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Clear + frost + lights = GLOW!

Wow... Clear panels... i want a pair. I'd get them frosted (lightly) inside, then setup some low voltage color fluorescent bulbs behind it. I could change the color of my car on command... and at night, it would GLOW! Wow... I could so waste money on that... :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Loving the idea of a frosted panel with Led's to subtly change the colours.
Now, kinda related to panels and templates, what about these holographs? Can they wrap? Don't know how they'd be printed or if they're able to be wrapped around slightly, but with a faint underglowing colour, and a 'depth' to the holograph printing, we could end up with some wacky things here.
Would probably want the holograph panels put in under the clear panel to protect them I'm thinking.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts