Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Now 09 451 Passion Cabriolet Met Blue & Silver First 08 451 Passion Cabriolet Yellow & Black
2,338 Posts
Because I had access to someone local with a forklift to accept the shipment (and a very helpful brother with a big truck), I paid $875 for the whole body and the shipping. That's about half the cost of new panels, and maybe 3/4 of repainting or vinyl wrapping.

The company bought out a Cars2Go fleet and they have white panels available, or did. The panels come with an 'electric drive' plaque on the back, and you can see evidence of the Cars2Go decal that was on the hood. My brother tells me it'll eventually disappear, and the forum folks told me how to remove the plaque, but I haven't done it yet.
Thank you for your quick reply and your direct answer to my question.
It sure beats an answer like
'it's going to be a lot.'
Actually a bit less than what I thought it would be.
Again thank you for a complete answer.

· Registered
Now 09 451 Passion Cabriolet Met Blue & Silver First 08 451 Passion Cabriolet Yellow & Black
2,338 Posts
My brother and I did the old panel removal, and I helped with most of the new panel installation. Unless you do the same, you'll have to pay for that. Finding someone that can do it, and do it for an acceptable price, might be difficult. Paying for an evilution subscription was worth every penny.
Oh no. I have no intention of changing the panels on my car.
I was just curious as to the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.