Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the manual says the arrow shaped buttons on the left and right are used to set the digital clock. mine do not. i have pushed them quickly, held them down and pressed multiple times. only the left button does anything (display status indicator). has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

thanks again for your help

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts

Try this

There have been reports of buttons that don't work and that would be either a dealer item, or pull the dash apart and see if the buttons don't go in far enough

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aaahhh so the right button puts it in the clock mode when held and the left one adjusts the clock. i did try that but why didn't the book state it that way

·
Super Moderator
11,309 Posts
The owners manual is written in a secret code... and some of the parts on a smart are made from that rare substance unobtanium...:D

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
aaahhh so the right button puts it in the clock mode when held and the left one adjusts the clock. i did try that but why didn't the book state it that way
Actually, the right one puts it into adjust mode, then the left button moves the time back, and the right button moves it forward... A few seconds after not touching one of the buttons, the clock reverts back to regular time mode...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i tried working on my clock again. the right button will adjust the illumination but when held the colon does not blink. any ideas

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Actually, the right one puts it into adjust mode, then the left button moves the time back, and the right button moves it forward... A few seconds after not touching one of the buttons, the clock reverts back to regular time mode...
When I first purchased my 08, cab in 2011, it was so difficult to set the clock that once I got it set,I just left it. I bought and installed the tach and clock pods. That clock is easy to adjust! and it's easier to read. Well yesterday I inadvertently pushed the right button to clear the trip odometer and the time started flashing. The left button moved the time back and the right button advanced the time. What the hell! it did not work that way 6 years ago! Go figure. :shrug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts