Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Incidentally, the Smart Center NYC is moving from 41st St to 53rd Street. They're physically connected to the Mercedes Center; hence the move. The site is apparently going to be even larger and more convenient. This is supposed to be happening next month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Smart Center Nashville is closing. Here's the email I received a few days ago:

Dear Scott,

April 30, 2011, smart center Nashville will officially close

As many of you may already know, on February 14, 2011, Penske Automotive Group (the distributor of the smart fortwo in the United States) announced plans to transition the smart brand to the parent company, Daimler, and the distribution for the smart brand in the United States will be handled by Mercedes-Benz USA. Consistent with the other smart global markets, the smart brand in the US will now be integrated into select Mercedes-Benz dealerships and operated through those facilities.

Therefore, smart center Nashville’s final day for service and parts will be Friday, April 29, 2011.

We greatly appreciate your patronage over the last few years as we have enjoyed representing the brand and welcoming you into the smart family. Many of you have become dear friends on our adventure as together we introduced the first micro-car to America. While we’re sad to end our relationship with you, we feel confident that you will be in good hands during the transition of the business and beyond.

In the transition, smart USA and Mercedes-Benz USA have not lost sight of the over 40,000+ existing smart owners. As a customer, smart USA and Mercedes-Benz USA promise this transition will be seamless and the Nashville market will be serviced appropriately. Your warranty is not affected by this change.

A new location will be selected within the Nashville market by Mercedes-Benz USA and as soon as that dealership location is announced, the smart brand will be sure to inform you. However, in the interim Tom Bannen Chevrolet (the adjacent dealership) will attempt to remedy any non-factory warranty service issues. If necessary, please call to schedule an appointment (615-851-8000).

If you would prefer to have your vehicle serviced at an existing smart center the closest locations include:

>>smart center Birmingham 1800 Montgomery Highway
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
Phone: 205.985.4200
Brand Manager: Mark Roberts

>>smart center Buckhead
2799 Piedmont Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
Phone: 404.425.5560
Brand Manager: Pat Cheeks

>>smart center Knoxville
10131 Parkside Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee 37922
Phone: 865.777.2265
Brand Manager: Buck Arnwine

>>smart center Creve Coeur
11830 Olive Blvd.
Creve Coeur, Missouri
Phone: 314.301.1700
Brand Manager: Jamie Winston

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact smart USA. smart USA can be reached at 800.762.7887 or via email at [email protected]. Again, we appreciate your support for the smart brand and look forward to making this a smooth transition for you.

If you have any questions about smart center Nashville, please call (615) 762-7822 or email me at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Jeff Grossman

Note: Jeff is the Smart brand manager at Tom Bannen. The local Mercedes dealership turned down the Smart brand in 2009 which is why Tom Bannen had it. With two Smart cars in the family, we're REALLY disappointed in this announcement! The closest dealership is now about 150 miles away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was at the smart center in Weston Florida last weekend to get my oil changed..its between Ft.Lauderdale and Miami.. I asked the manager if she knew if they were going to close or not.. she told me that they were unsure at this time, but they were consistently one of the top 3 dealers in the country.. it would be a big disappointment to see this great dealership close.. I live on the west coast in Fort Myers and the closest smart centers are Weston ( an hour and a half away ) and Sarasota ( about the same away).. with the Sarasota center closing and possibly the Weston center closing .. that would leave Tampa.. 2.5 hours away! uuuh !

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Don't know of the date or month for that matter, but you should add The Smart Center of Alexandria, VA. I found out from various sources i am not inclined to give, but heard it word of mouth from a current Smart owner who told me this was to be.

·
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Don't know of the date or month for that matter, but you should add The Smart Center of Alexandria, VA. I found out from various sources i am not inclined to give, but heard it word of mouth from a current Smart owner who told me this was to be.
already validated with the center itself when I was there in March...waiting on announcement for the actual date.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
Oh, and Milwaukee is already closed. All the folks you love are just next door at the new Fiat Studio. They just can't take care of factory Warranty work, but they can do extended warranty work.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Well, I just came back from smart Center Trevose where I was told their center officially closes at the end of this month. They recommended using the smart Center in Cherry Hill, NJ since that one is also a Mercedes dealer and will be staying open. It also is a smart center already so the staff is trained, etc. I was also told that all Mercedes dealers were supposed to be able to provide service for smart cars. We'll see. At least the Cherry Hill dealer isn't only about 40 minutes away from where I live.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well, I just came back from smart Center Trevose where I was told their center officially closes at the end of this month. They recommended using the smart Center in Cherry Hill, NJ since that one is also a Mercedes dealer and will be staying open. It also is a smart center already so the staff is trained, etc. I was also told that all Mercedes dealers were supposed to be able to provide service for smart cars. We'll see. At least the Cherry Hill dealer isn't only about 40 minutes away from where I live.
That bites....that makes it further and further for me....from Northern part of Lehigh Valley.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just got an email from smart center in weston florida.. its official there closing at the end of may and becoming a fiat 500 hocker. offering me top trade in for a new fiat 500.. it i wanted a fiat i would have bought a fiat..:) no thanks!

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
Is there only one smart dealership in Colorado? Only in Denver? I looked up the smart USA dealer zip code finder for the nearest one. Its in Albuquerque New Mexico. It seems a MB dealer will pick up the business in Colorado.

I don't thinks anyone forcing anyone to service smart cars. It all business, and more income for the MB dealer. Both our MB dealership service smart cars, with a smile here in Kansas City.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts