Smart Car of America Forum banner

Closed smart centers

16K views 45 replies 29 participants last post by  ManchVegas 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm working on some of the smart center lists.
Does anyone have the dates these centers closed and what center the owners were referred to?
Are there any missing? Any errors?
I'll update as the replies come in.

smartcenter // Closed // New Center
smart center Universal City // 5/12/2010 //

smart center Nashville, TN // still open??? //
smart center Oxnard, CA // still open??? //
smart center Smithtown, NY// <date> // smart center Roslyn
smart center White Plains, NY // <date> // smart center Smithtown
smart center Bloomington, MN // <date> // smart center Golden Valley
smart center Walnut Creek, CA // 07/31/2010 //
smart center Coral Gables, FL // 02/27/2010 // smart center Weston
smart center Devon // <date> // smart center Trevose
smart center San Jose// <date//
smart center Laguna Niguel // <date> //

See less See more
#43 ·
So who do we go to now? I just bought mine from the Brooklyn Park center about 3 weeks ago. I'll have a little over $1000 in accessories on top of the purchase price by the time I get the CC installed. I'm beginning to question my judgement in buying the little guy.:confused:

#46 ·
Bryce is gonna kill me for this. ;-)

May 20, 2011

To our smart Center Portland customers,

smart Center Portland, a Kuni Automotive Group Company, will be closing our doors on May 31, 2011.

Kuni Automotive is committed to providing service to our loyal smart customers, and will continue to do so at
Kuni Auto Center at 3725 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. in Beaverton (Non-Warranty Service Only).
For Warranty Service please call smart USA at 1.800.762.7887

Bryce Moilenan, the friendly face at our
Service Center will be continuing
with Kuni Automotive at the new
Kuni Auto Center on Cedar Hills Blvd

The closure of smart Center Portland is the result of a decision on the part of Daimler AG, headquartered in Germany, to transition the smart USA business to Mercedes-Benz USA. Mercedes-Benz USA is taking over the distribution of smart vehicles from Penske Automotive and will be integrating the smart brand into selected existing Mercedes-Benz dealerships in the United States. As a result, companies like Kuni Automotive that do not have Mercedes-Benz dealerships are not able to continue as smart dealers. although the smart product was not as successful as we had hoped, we enjoyed representing the smart brand and hope that the smart brand, Penske Automotive and the Mercedes-Benz USA dealers that are representing the smart product, will enjoy future success.

Thank you for your business and understanding during this transition.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any question you have.

Sincerely,
Shanon Mornhinweg
Kuni BMW/smart Center Portland

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.