Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
Welcome to SCoA! :)

It is telling you it thinks it is overdue (by 18 days) its annual/10K mile service. It will continue to count down until it is reset. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine says I'm 90 days past the service date but I only have 9,000 miles on it? I just bought the car, guess I should go ahead and do the 10,000 mile service early?

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
I think it's a one year or 10,000 miles service, whichever comes first.

Len
2014 EV Coupe 16,000 miles
2014 EV Cabriolet 7,000 miles

·
Super Moderator
29,234 Posts
The "clock" starts when the dealer first puts the car in service, so it sounds like yours has gone over the one year mark. As long as the car was filled with full synthetic oil a few miles or days over is not a big deal. At 90 days over it's worth an oil/filter change, IMHO. :)

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Hi RichnJohn,
I thought I might give you a heads up. I change my oil twice a year. Spring and fall, when it is comfortable out. I do not accumulate 10,000 miles a year on my car, certainly not since I've retired. I used to drive 10 miles to work, 20 round trip, and a short jaunt out for lunch. I decided not to go a full 10k to change the oil based on sentiment expressed on here, and the fact that the oil always smells so strongly of gas. The engine runs rich when cold and unburned gas tends to end up in the oil sump. I never run the car for as long as 45 minutes at a time so it never really reaches a full operating temperature long enough to burn off gas in the oil sump. Therefore the oil is diluted by gas, which is not a very good lubricant. So for me it is twice a year, no matter the mileage.
I couldn't help but notice. The BB Benz is owned by John and Rich. I, Rich am the primary driver. It had been our daily driver until a recent brain surgery that makes the Camry's much cushier ride preferable to the Brabus firm springing. I hope you enjoy your car as much as I have enjoyed the BB Benz.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts