Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having clutch actuator problems, went through the proceedure for cleaning and lubing. When I had pulled my actuator out it was fully extended. Cleaned and lubed. Is there any way to retract the actuator arm? Can I pull the motor off and push it back? Does the motor have a position sensor? If it doesn't this should be alright. Thanks ahead of time.....:confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did get this to work. I learned something that might help. There are two holes in the cam, I use a soft drill bit, placed it in the deep hole, one hole is deeper than the other, and used a large screwdriver, used the shaft it rotates on as a pivot point and rolled the cam back. It will stay in place after it gets over the hump. Thanks for the help.............Guys..

·
Registered
11,471 Posts
I did get this to work. I learned something that might help. There are two holes in the cam, I use a soft drill bit, placed it in the deep hole, one hole is deeper than the other, and used a large screwdriver, used the shaft it rotates on as a pivot point and rolled the cam back. It will stay in place after it gets over the hump. Thanks for the help.............Guys..
Glad you got it ...... let us know if the acutator works for you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
April 2021
smart for two, 2008 passion cabriolet, 94,000 miles
clutch Actuator (CA) started acting up at 48,000 miles. Mercedes dealer said they couldn’t experience the problem but the software upgrade ($169.00) might help. I did sof upgrade. No change. Wish I had not done software upgrade. So, the clutch Actuator problem got worse and we just lived with it because the Mercedes dealer (different city now) said each time that they could not experience the problem with the CA. Then at 92,000 miles the car would not start, plenty of battery. The problem was the CA was stuck in drive. Mercedes dealer replaced CA at $1,550. Car now drives like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts