Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My delima continues. I pulled the actuator out of my wife's 2008 Fortwo.pulled it apart, cleaned, lubed, put it back together. Still not functioning. Can't start the car sine I still have the 3 dashes on the gear indicator and still have the P-code of P0805 Clutch Position Circuit. I'm not sure there's another issue that I'm not aware of of like the module or just the actuator itself. They pretty spends parts to just guess at. Any thoughts? Any bench testing tricks I can use to see if it's the actuator or not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I started a new thread since not to many people followed a long tried and the OP was about replacing the tranning and engine. I did see the latest reply to the other post. I did reply via my phone but it did not post for what ever reason. No disrespect to WhiteandBlack08. I'm not sure how one is to reassemble the actuator after is disassembled then installed when both the drive motor and cover screws are located on top, out of reach or I may be missing something. I'm not sure this is how they are installed at the factory or in a mechanic shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts