Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Passion. 120,000 miles. Today the clutch began acting odd. When I step on the brake the clutch will release but when I take my foot off the brake the clutch slams in. Does not stall but very harsh abrupt engagement. Shifts fine and everything else seem OK. Ideas?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would start with disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a little while. I'm not 100% convinced it's not coincidence, but I've had times when my clutch actuator seems to do that and resetting it seems to help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a 2008 Passion. 120,000 miles. Today the clutch began acting odd. When I step on the brake the clutch will release but when I take my foot off the brake the clutch slams in. Does not stall but very harsh abrupt engagement. Shifts fine and everything else seem OK. Ideas?
SMART Transmission Computer learns and adapts to your latest driving behavior patterns. If lately, you have abruptly and quickly accelerated (floored the gas pedal) the car will remember it and the next time you step on the gas pedal, it will anticipate and predict your next driving move. That is why this cars is named SMART. RESET the Transmission Shift Adaptive Learning to Manufacturer default settings. Go to MercedesMedic.com then search for Transmission Shift Adaptive Learning Reset. After reset, drive defensively not offensively. Remember your Big SMART Brother is Always Watching You!

·
Registered
29 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts