Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Four Two Passion runs for about 10 miles then sputters and dies and gives me a crank sensor code. I replaced the crank sensor but that didn't solve the problem. I also cleaned the variable timing solenoid which appears to be working properly, no luck there either. It will always start right back up and once it cools down it runs fine again for 10 miles or so. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
My 2008 Four Two Passion runs for about 10 miles then sputters and dies and gives me a crank sensor code. I replaced the crank sensor but that didn't solve the problem. I also cleaned the variable timing solenoid which appears to be working properly, no luck there either. It will always start right back up and once it cools down it runs fine again for 10 miles or so. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like my problem, the only thing is I don’t drive mine, it runs for about 1-2 minutes some times a little more, there was a post that talked about # ten wire in the ECU that would heat up at the pin connection, going to check that and fuel pump

1 - 2 of 2 Posts