Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buy directly from SmartCar Performance and save !! As promised, every item has FREE Shipping.

Now your engine will be receiving true “cold air”. We have run countless tests on this system. This system runs 10-15 degrees cooler than our original version. Also, the airflow is unrestricted with an even shorter pipe. We have seen the air temp jump down 5-7 degrees on a quick ¼ mile burst. Installation is quicker and easier with true performance guaranteed in any weather, rain or shine. With the pipe being shorter and closer to the engine bay, the car has an even quicker response with a throatier, stealthier sound. Now, we have made the system even better by replacing our filter with an aFe filter. This filter has a larger surface area and draws in more air into the engine. With an incredible system and now a new reduced price. You can’t go wrong.

Quicker Response from start
Increased Performance from both low and high RPM’s
Increased Gas Mileage
High Quality polished Stainless Steel Pipe.
Each pipe is Mandrel Bent to Guarantee Maximum Air Flow.
1 Year Warranty on Workmanship
Easy Installation
Made in the USA which means you are getting the highest quality every time.
Every Intake is tested to make sure you get the best performance for your money

:RS-c.gl.zw: Now priced at $299 - SHIPPED !!! :RS-c.gl.zw:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Cold air?? Looks like it is in the same place as stock.
Just smoother & more direct.
I would think the metal would conduct heat more & stay hot longer than plastic or rubber.
Looks good, if it was insulated,I think it would work great.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cold air?? Looks like it is in the same place as stock.
Just smoother & more direct.
I would think the metal would conduct heat more & stay hot longer than plastic or rubber.
Looks good, if it was insulated,I think it would work great.
Just my opinion.
Yes, it is smoother and more direct. This intake is probably the most efficient one you can get. The metal does conduct heat but with the use of the heatshield and a short pipe, there is not enough time for the air to heat up as much as people think it does. I have done numerous tests to prove that. Insulation can only help in the beginning when the engine is not hot but when the engine is completely warmed up the temperatures will most likely be relatively close. The key is the air flow. The short pipe gets the outside air into the engine fast so there is not enough time to heat up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts