Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I'm interested in colored brake calipers for my Smart, as seen on sites like 4smartcar.com. But I have no idea where to get them, or how much they cost.

Does anyone have good information on these?

·
Registered
910 Posts
AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts or your favorite parts store. Caliper paint, various colors, about $6.00 per spray can. Do it Yourself!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wipe them off with a good cleaner, like brake cleaner or alcohol, then spray a couple of coats on yourself. Mask off the disc and anything else that may get some overspray. Takes 5 minutes...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Check out my Gallery, I used the G2 Caliper Paint Kit, about $35 shipped on eBay. You will need to remove the floating part of the caliper (2 bolts) and the pads to do it right. Let it set overnight to harden.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Powder coating is also an option. Very durable, pretty cheap and brake dust doesn't stick to it like paint. Most places have a large selection of colors and finishes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Al-Ed's In West Hollywood has modified many Smart cars and has done colored brake calipers on Smart cars. Call us at (310) 854.5454 . We'll give you the pricing and answer any other questions you have about your Smart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts