Smart Car of America Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
OK. So I obviously screwed up a name or something. I am sitting here red faced with embarrasment but not sure why. Somebody please put me out of my misery and tell me where I went wrong. PLEEEEEEASE. ;)

We will let you off the hook, I don't know why its so funny? But it is. John can you call me right now I need to get your photo to you before you leave town..

I have been tryin' to call you all day...

·
Registered
663 Posts
So Jimmy let me off the hook. Now we can only hope that Jessica, I mean Natasha, I mean Rachel (Yah thats it) will let me off the hook without a swift kick in the lug...thingys. Sorry Rachel. We'll hopefully pop by your shop in a couple weeks while we are visiting Micky and Minny.

So Jimmy. Can't find the dam photoshopped picture. Gotta link.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Dusty, I'm glad you could be a part of it.. Even with the Obahma Drama, it turned out perfect. I'm gonna have to think long and hard to top this one...
Could you fill up one of Seattle's ferries with nothing but smarts? (The MV Hiyu is the smallest of their fleet with a 36 car capacity*.)
Or, closer to home for the SoCal folks, the Balboa Island Ferry?
(Holds 3 normal cars - at 5 minutes each way, 72 smarts could tie it up for a whole hour, with half starting on the mainland and the other half on the island.)

-Rusty

*Once the MV Chetzemoka comes on line next year, it'll be harder to fill a ferry since the next-smallest boat they have holds 48 cars and the Hiyu will likely go back into retirement.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Could we fill up one of Seattle's ferries with nothing but smarts? (I'd suggest picking a route with a small ferry such as the Point Defiance - Tahlequah run.)
Or, closer to home for the SoCal folks, the Balboa Island Ferry?
(holds 3 normal cars - at 5 minutes a trip, how long could you keep it hauling nothing but smarts, coming from both directions, without any car going both directions?)

-Rusty
Packing as many smarts on the Balboa Island Ferry as possible would be very cool and a fun thing to do. :woohoo: :bigthumbup: :cheers:

It would also make a cool video....

Bob Diaz

·
Registered
194 Posts
Packing as many smarts on the Balboa Island Ferry as possible would be very cool and a fun thing to do. :woohoo: :bigthumbup: :cheers:

It would also make a cool video....

Bob Diaz
Bob, you got in before I was done editing, but that's the gist of it.
I'm glad someone liked the idea!
-Rusty
(first one on the right - blue - in the first linked image in post #13 of this thread... :D)

·
Vendor
3,494 Posts
So Jimmy let me off the hook. Now we can only hope that Jessica, I mean Natasha, I mean Rachel (Yah thats it) will let me off the hook without a swift kick in the lug...thingys. Sorry Rachel. We'll hopefully pop by your shop in a couple weeks while we are visiting Micky and Minny.

So Jimmy. Can't find the dam photoshopped picture. Gotta link.
LOL!

No problem John,

She thought it was funny too and took no offense to the little mistake. Look forward to seeing you when your guys are in the area.

Boris

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jam at the Dam Oct. 23, 2010

Huge thanks to Jimmy & Heidi. What a truly humongous and fantastic event you pulled off! I can't believe it really happened and it was so wonderful to be a part of it! We became the 2nd tourist attraction at Hoover Dam! How fabulous was it to see all the tourists cheering and smiling and taking pics and doing double takes! I had a huge smile the whole time!

Thanks so much to Boris & Rachel for everything! I am so happy to have finally met you and to have had the chance to finally visit Smart Madness after having my smart almost 22 months. I'll definitely see you soon for stuff!

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Kudos to h20 and everyone attending! Sounds like a great event and a good test run for a West Coast Regional event in 2011.... With Wisconsin Dells already on the calendar for next June and OTD III planned for next September, you West Coast folks need to get busy! :)

Somebody fill me in - who's Jennifer?:confused: :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey everyone, a NJ smartie here but I just happened to be in Vegas for business last week. Wife flew out to join me for the weekend and we went out to the dam to try and see everyone but got delayed getting out there. Even tried to rent a Smart from one of the local specialty rental places but no luck.

We did catch up to you on (rt 215?) the highway so if you were wondering why you were being buzzed by a yellow Camaro it was just me and the wife trying to get a look at all the great cars.

Glad to see you pulled it off!

·
Registered
3 Posts
we live in Boulder City...home of the Hoover Dam, my boyfriend and I were driving around town in his smart and saw you guys heading down to the park!!! yayyyy!!! met some great people.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts