Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Smart ED. When I Connect my iPhone 10XR to the usb port in the car the radio displays device unavailable. Ideas?

Also, did all 2016 Smart EDs come with Bluetooth? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2016 Smart ED. When I Connect my iPhone 10XR to the usb port in the car the radio displays device unavailable. Ideas?

Also, did all 2016 Smart EDs come with Bluetooth? Thanks.
I have the same car as you and have never gotten this to work either, so I hope someone knows the answer!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Not certain about that message but there was a glitch in the radio software in 2016 smart cars getting the iPhone to properly and consistently pair with an iPhone. After the software update was applied a couple years ago to my car it has worked perfectly ever since. You have to specifically tell the dealer you are having problems with iPhone pairing to get the software update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not certain about that message but there was a glitch in the radio software in 2016 smart cars getting the iPhone to properly and consistently pair with an iPhone. After the software update was applied a couple years ago to my car it has worked perfectly ever since. You have to specifically tell the dealer you are having problems with iPhone pairing to get the software update.
That is very good information, I am going to bring my car in to be service soon. Thank you!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
With lots of new model cars. Apples newer phones, aren’t compatible with them. It’s just not the smart car. I believe it has to do with lighting USB.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
After the software update the pairing has worked perfectly with my previous iPhone 8 and now my iPhone 11.

·
Super Moderator
17,613 Posts
The OP is talking about connecting via USB, not Bluetooth. To my knowledge, the 453 standard head unit cannot connect to an iPhone via USB, just Bluetooth.

Like the 451, that USB port is for charging and USB flash drives.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts