Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the 451ED so rare here in the UK, I'm hoping someone here can help.

We know the 2G radio call home facility died when 2G infrastructure was shut down. But we can still use Powerline technology, or so I thought. I paired a powerline adaptor with my Smart and can find the car on my network where it shows in an IP scan as 'Lear Corporation' who made the charger, and shows ports 80 and 443 as open, but I can't get beyond that. Going to the IP address with a browser on ports 80 and 443 gets no response and an eventual timeout.

Not quite sure what to expect. Is the car still looking for a back end server at MB maybe? Or should I be able to get to it locally?

TIA. GeoffT.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmm interesting. I suspect it only reached out to the MB servers to log in and exchange info. The chances are very low there would be any web UI's for an end user to use.

That being said, it might support MODBUS over TCP, but that's not going to be beneficial for most people who have never worked with MODBUS. Even then it's probably going to be secured. But, now I'm curious. I think you just gave me a weekend project to aggravate myself!

Thinking about it more, more likely it is CANBUS over TCP. Yes, I think you did just ruin my weekend.

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.