Smart Car of America Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mr. Moore congratulations on your SMART car.
How do you find the handling and windnoise on back roads, highway ?
Are the seats comfortable in regards to lower lumbar support?
Is it easy to see out the inside rearview mirror with the top down?
Is there a spare tire or just "fix-a-flat" & AAA ?
1. Handling is fine & wind noise is not a problem.

2, I've driven cars with more comnfortable seats.

3. I don't know about cabrios; I drive a pure.

4. It's "fix-a-flat" & road service either from smart or AAA - your choice - unless you you add a spare tire which will fit behind either the driver's of passenger's seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Branford, CT

I have an 08 red/black Passion that I drove up from Florida last autumn. I live in Branford now, but drive all over Fairfield and NH counties for work, so honk if you see me!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just picked up my 09 Rally Red Cabrio Jan 24. I'm in Woodbury!

I represent Ray Catena Mercedes-Benz / smart center Edison in NJ, but it's always fun to poke around places you're familiar with. Just wanted to say that I love your town. I used to frequent it often as I have a dear friend who lives in Woodbury still. She lives with her family on Flanders Road. San Remos and Carmen Anthony's were 2 of my favorite restuarants.

A soon to be owner of a Passion. Getting her at end of January. Living in Naugatuck, CT.
I also went to school at Post University so I'm very familiar with Naugatuck and the surrounding towns (Middlebury, Southbury, Waterbury, etc...) By the way, what is that famous sub shop in Naugatuck again? Nardelli's??

To you both... Best of luck with your smart and drive it in good health!

Danny M. Wong
Ray Catena smart center Edison
Sales & Leasing Consultant
[email protected]
Tel: 732-549-6601
Fax: 732-549-6983

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put a down payment on a white passion cabriolet! I'm so excited! I will get to drive it on Tuesday. Would love to meet other Connecticut smart drivers.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Moved to Norwalk from Dallas where there is a very active group. Would love to see a bunch of us get together. 09 Brabus Cabrio b/b/b

·
Registered
2009 Fortwo Cabriolet
3 Posts
Hey Connecticut owners....I'm new here...just purchased a used 2009 Fortwo Cabriolet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a mechanic in the Fairfield or New Haven County area? I know of MB in Fairfield but just wanted to know if anyone here has had a good experience with a less expensive Smartcar mechanic who is really good.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
337 Posts
I'm up in Danbury on my 2nd smart car. My previous 2008 was easy to diy most of the time. Had it for 10 years But when I had to have a front end alignment, I used the MB in Fairfield, as they were the only ones to have an alignment rack(??) small enough to accept the car. But I was pleasantly surprised by the low price MB charged me (~$100 ish)

·
Registered
2009 Fortwo Cabriolet
3 Posts
Thanks Jeb...maybe I'll just bite the bullet and just bring it there. I think I may have some transmission issues...along with a few minor things...my drop top gets stuck at a certain point when trying to close it...and the trunk latch above the license plate at the rear of the car is broke...so I cant open it. Hopefully it won't cost an arm & a leg...LOL.

·
Registered
2017 453 Passion ED/EQ
337 Posts
Thanks Jeb...maybe I'll just bite the bullet and just bring it there. I think I may have some transmission issues...along with a few minor things...my drop top gets stuck at a certain point when trying to close it...and the trunk latch above the license plate at the rear of the car is broke...so I cant open it. Hopefully it won't cost an arm & a leg...LOL.
I would NOT recommend you ask M/B service to fix all 3 of the issues at once. (All mechanic shops hate that!) Ask M/B for service on one specific problem only. See how much it will cost.

But before doing that, search here on the forum for answers on what others have done with the same problems. All 3 of these issues have happened with others before, none of them are new problems. You may find easy fixes you can do yourself for free.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts