Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Cabrio Passion. 2 days ago, it started constantly beeping while in Drive and Reverse. It stops beeping while stopped at a light, or while in Park. I have slammed all three doors, ensuring a door was not ajar. Seat belts are buckled also.
Then today, the engine light came on. The car seems to be running fine. I will take it tomorrow to have like a Pepboys put a scanner thingy on it to see if they can read anything. I will have to look around to see where my closest dealer is.

Some great news....I just moved from Houston, TX to Orlando, FL and my Smart car was FANTASTIC!!! Roughly 1000 miles in 2 days, and cost of premium fuel only $150!!!!!
Hope anyone can give me any advice. Thank you in advance!!

·
Premium Member
11,309 Posts
Try your inside light in the door position. That would help tell if a door is not latching. I had problems with my back window until I got it adjusted.

A seatbelt would eventually stop making noise until you came to a stop. Then it starts all over again but gets a faster chime before it times out. If the chime stays constant, it is more likely a door switch

·
Registered
787 Posts
Try your inside light in the door position. That would help tell if a door is not latching. I had problems with my back window until I got it adjusted.

A seatbelt would eventually stop making noise until you came to a stop. Then it starts all over again but gets a faster chime before it times out. If the chime stays constant, it is more likely a door switch
There are smart car chiropractors?

·
Super Moderator
17,553 Posts
My smart will beep at me if it spins the clutch for a prolonged amount of time and the car isn't moving.

Perhaps there's a programming or transmission error?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG!!!!

I can' believe nobody's posted the obvious. Check your parking brake to make sure it's not up a notch. The car will beep at you if it is. It will not beep when stopped.:)

OMG!!! This was it!!!! as for the beeping anyways. So, Thank you, Thank you!!!
I took my Zippy (that's my cars name) to PepBoys to have the engine light analyzed. The readout said it is an O2 sensor.

·
He's not mine
9,617 Posts
OMG!!! This was it!!!! as for the beeping anyways. So, Thank you, Thank you!!!
I took my Zippy (that's my cars name) to PepBoys to have the engine light analyzed. The readout said it is an O2 sensor.
Sounds about par for the course for Pep Boys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts