Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continental is offering a $70 rebate with the purchase of 4 tires until 11:59 PM EST on Nov. 2. I bought a set of winter tires from tire rack and even though my tires were two different sizes, continental honored the rebate.

·
Super Moderator
28,292 Posts
Good deal; last time I checked Tire Rack was out of the OEM optional size Continentals but I'll follow up with them. :)

Update: Tire Rack has only one of the OEM optional rear tires in stock with no firm ETA on more. I did find them at Tiresdirect.net but they don't have the OEM optional front size in stock...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case you didn't know, you do have to submit a claim for the rebate. You can do it at continentaltirerebates.com

·
Registered
82 Posts
I too bought 4 of the Continental snow tires from Tire Rack and I am VERY impressed with how they do on the ice and snow up here in Alaska. My 2009 has PS on it and I think the PS makes the car a bit squirrelly, but w these tires the car is more stable, doesn't get blown around by the wind as much and isn't tossed around as much by our rutted roads. They're also just as quiet as the original Continentals. If my summer Continentals didn't have so few miles on them I'd be tempted to run the snows year round. (Yea, I know running snows in summer wear them out faster, but the improved ride is so nice, I wouldn't mind.)

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Got a set of the TS 800's in the stock sizes on the first of November. Put them on a set of Rial wheels. Have them on already, wanted to have them scuffed by first snow. No complaints on dry road manners and they work well in the wet. Snow and ice remain to be experienced.

Still waiting for the rebate...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts