Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried the cabriolet, and taken the top down while in a test drive yet? How long does it take to unfold at speed (5-xx mph?) How about the cargo space in a cabriolet? is it almost non-existent once the bars are removed and stowed? etc... I'm thinking about upping my choice from the Passion to the Passion Cab...but just not quite there yet... Living in the Northwest, I only have about 5 months (being generous) to take the top down a year. I'm looking to add more in the pluses column for the cabriolet :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Has anyone tried the cabriolet, and taken the top down while in a test drive yet? How long does it take to unfold at speed (5-xx mph?) How about the cargo space in a cabriolet? is it almost non-existent once the bars are removed and stowed? etc... I'm thinking about upping my choice from the Passion to the Passion Cab...but just not quite there yet... Living in the Northwest, I only have about 5 months (being generous) to take the top down a year. I'm looking to add more in the pluses column for the cabriolet :)
Can't comment on the timing of top up and down, but don't see why it would be different going or standing still since it does not really go up and fold back, rather it accordions along the bars, hits the back and then goes down.

The bars store in a hatch under a door in the tailgate, no space taken from the trunk at all. The hard part is access to the trunk with the top down. Since its there at eye level and cannot be raised (unless you put it back up partially) its in the way when reaching into the back end. But does not take any trunk floor space.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts