Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get a new top for a 2009 smart car fortwo? I can’t find any online. Please help!!!

thanks.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
What is wrong with your car's top?
It is quite the project to replace a convertable top on a smart and cost inexcess of $2400.00 that price could exceed the value of a 10 y.o. smart.
Good luck.

·
10Year+ Supporting Member
3,810 Posts
ReneF made 2 posts and has not been active in 12 months. Maybe they did run it into a wall.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that leaves MB for sourcing the top. I'll keep this updated as I move forward. I wish there was a hard top replacement for the canvas. I saw one on youtube from somewhere in eastern europe but nothing else was ever posted.

·
Registered
601 Posts
^you and me both.
I don’t know if you would feel comfortable doing it but I plan on sourcing a wrecked one to pull the top from.
(Provided it hasn’t shrunk like mine has)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Currently contacting every south Miami company I can find that does custom work. Lowest estimate so far is 2200 w/ 3 year warranty. I like your idea of salvage. Will start looking there as well.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That may be our best bet.
I currently have that gorilla tape(all weather type so it won’t come off) over mine till I can replace it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The installer did not put any shipping on the invoice. Expensive but much cheaper than finding a replacement vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts