Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 cabrio and recently the top won't open at all. When I hit the button either in the car or on the key the top makes the click sound like it is going to open but it doesn't. If I keep pushing the button there is a clicking sound in the dashboard but the top never opens. I checked fuses 29 and 19 neither are blown. I left it alone for a half hour or so and then the top worked. So far this has happened twice. Thankfully it has only happened in the closed position, but I'm worried it is going to get stuck open at some point. Any ideas how I can fix this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dead in the water.

It happened again but this time it has not come back after letting it sit. I had the top down, put it back up to go grocery shopping, came back to the car and hit the button in the car to retract the top, it clicked like the top was unlocking to roll back, but it would not go down. I checked every fuse in the box and nothing was blown. I also attached my code checker to see if anything would come up, but no code was returned. Hopefully after a good night's rest it will work in the morning. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
My suggestion is to leave it closed. If it fails in the open position.....not good. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
sounds like it just may need some TLC..

are the rails clean? if not clean them with a Q tip if needed, and I use food grade SILICONE on the rails and after 10 yrs ofopening an closing on my 450, it still works great.
it could need adjustment as well things wear and stretch with time. the other club site has great tips on convertible top maintenance.
steveg.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Remote?

Does the remote work? Mine opened with the remote but not the switch. I had a similar problem and it turned out to be the switch in the car. I replaced the switch and it has been fine. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ANY UPDATES? 2010 BRABUS CONVERTIBLE HERE, SOFT TOP WONT OPEN, CLICKING CAN BE HEARD COMING FROM DRIVER SIDE FRONT DASHBOARD AREA. CAN FIGURE IT OUT, ALL FUSES/RELAYS ARE FINE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts