Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was pulling the head off to replace the head gasket I was squirted by a “Pool” of coolant in 2nd cylinder spark plug hole while aligning the cam shaft to remove it. Coolant in a spark plug hole is bad news bears and could mean a cracked head or block. I’m just here for a second opinion. Would you guys mark the engine as DOA, junk the engine and find a replacement or would you dig deeper to find the issue?, however I’m pretty sure coolant cannot get into a cyilander unless there’s a bigger issue such as a cracked head or block but I could be wrong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
While I was pulling the head off to replace the head gasket I was squirted by a “Pool” of coolant in 2nd cylinder spark plug hole while aligning the cam shaft to remove it. Coolant in a spark plug hole is bad news bears and could mean a cracked head or block. I’m just here for a second opinion. Would you guys mark the engine as DOA, junk the engine and find a replacement or would you dig deeper to find the issue?, however I’m pretty sure coolant cannot get into a cyilander unless there’s a bigger issue such as a cracked head or block but I could be wrong.
I'd send it to a machine shop to have it tested, but don't be too optimistic about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts