Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 451 for a 458 which sports, among other things, device holder (in my case iPhone) in the center of the instrument panel. I'm not fond of having it there all the time -- and indeed, I'm missing the little cover that hides the hole/usb socket where it goes, when the large bracket is not in situ.

Can anyone furnish a part number fo that little item; and on the outside chance that someone has one with which they'd care to part, pls PM me.

Love my new-to-me, SMARTY, but he -- I loved the 451 too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just tonight solved this problem for me. I cut a circle out of a black kind of velvety material (it was some kind of bag for glasses or something) and then eased it under the edges of the circle (the buttons and area around the circle leave a good gap). Because the edges of the circle go well into the gap it stays there quite well. The black color and texture of the material actually looks pretty decent. I don't know what the bag was for originally, I just raided all my drawers and closets looking for something I could cut up that might work. Other things I tried didn't look very good, but this thing does.

If you don't find one of the original covers, I suggest doing the same thing if you can find something that works for you aesthetically.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just traded my 451 for a 458 which sports, among other things, device holder (in my case iPhone) in the center of the instrument panel. I'm not fond of having it there all the time -- and indeed, I'm missing the little cover that hides the hole/usb socket where it goes, when the large bracket is not in situ.

Can anyone furnish a part number fo that little item; and on the outside chance that someone has one with which they'd care to part, pls PM me.

Love my new-to-me, SMARTY, but he -- I loved the 451 too!
I might have one at home, 5 Smarts have passed through my garage, there is a good chance there's one in my Smart bin...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might have one at home, 5 Smarts have passed through my garage, there is a good chance there's one in my Smart bin...
If you do have and could bear to part with I would be happy to buy.. Pls pm me . . .

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm kind of wondering if there is any sort of OEM cover for that hole also...
Some of us get in our cars to unplug from all of the noise...:cool:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I can get the # for you tomorrow @ work. I can also save you about 30% because of employee pricing... And just send it to your door?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can you post the part number and source for everyone, when you find it.

I think there are probably a bunch of people who would like to know - for when they lose theirs in the future!

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts