Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced the alternator in my '08, following the instructions you guys have generously posted. Would have been a nightmare without your help. One of the steps was to remove (and replace) the belt cover—the small plastic panel separate from the inner fender liner.

The next day I removed the shift actuator to lube it up, and after replacing it, I noticed two holes similar to those on the opposite side of the car where the belt cover mounted. It appears I'm missing a cover that should protect the starter and actuator.

I can't find one anywhere! Part of the problem may be that I don't even know what it's called. Can you guys tell me what it's called and maybe point me in the right direction to buy one, either new or used? I'm going to need those big attachment plugs, too. I'm embarrassed by my poor Googling skills.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.