Smart Car of America Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several yeard ago I owned a Smart and saw a vidro on Youtube that showed a white FourTwo hitting a solid concrete wall.

NOTE - The car was NOT rdmote-controlled, it was driven by a guy who was wearing a long, white coat/gown.

If anyoil ne can send me a ling to that video please send it to me at [email protected]

I have looked but I cant find it now.

Thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
2008 Passion, now a 2016
499 Posts
The only video I can think of is this one:

But there was NO ONE in that vehicle when the crash took place.
Just sayin'

Jim

[Edit: Rethinking any further participation in this thread. Member joined 27 minutes ago... is looking for something that can be easily searched for... request contains 8 syntax errors... and expects us to send him the link by email? Uhhhh.... Not.]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes it does. If it didnt why would I say so?
I know it exists. I've seen it. I thought I had a copy of all interesting/funny videos since '09, even one of Shaquile O'Neal who drive a SHART when un New York 2 years ago on YouTube. I'm searching for the requested wreck on in my files. YouTube does also have 23min. video of ads I have never seen before- very progressive artsy & from Europe. Here is link to 23 min.of ads-

·
Registered
170 Posts
IMHO ALL cars are all going to be death traps if you hit a concrete wall at 70mph! I believe the Smart fortwo is built very safe for such a small car.
I have done many mods on dozens of brands of cars, and the Smart is very different.
I have discovered that the TRIDON cage is 3 layers thick, and the center panel is High strength steel and thicker than any other car out there, it is very difficult to drill through too.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
IMHO ALL cars are all going to be death traps if you hit a concrete wall at 70mph!
Indeed. What many don't realize is hitting an immovable object at 70MPH your brain is still moving forward at great speed when the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop and will slap the front of your skull causing a major concussion. Crumple zones have improved survivability greatly over the years but the smart just does not have the room for a crumple zone to slowly absorb that great an impact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts