Smart Car of America Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a cheaper alternative to the $500 CC that SmartMadness sells? If not, I will just pony up the big bills.
We will be doing a cross country trip from Phx to NYC on the first week of September.

·
Premium Member
MY08 cabrio MY09 cabrio Brabus MY15 ED
7,767 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the links. I did see those, but prefer a factory looking install of the MDC unit.

That said, I would like to put the LED in the cluster. Do I use a single color LED for that purpose? I can't find the link where someone actually modded their cluster to get the LED in.

·
Super Moderator
28,979 Posts
Possibly a used Area451 CC from somebody selling their 451? Could try a "wanted" ad in the marketplace. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a great idea, but I'm under the gun to get this ordered and installed in the next two weeks. I guess I really do not have much of a choice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
MesaGuy

If you order from Germany they do not include the LED hookup That's $32.?? extra and you have to ask for it. In this case madness is the best solution. If you do go with Madness talk to them and see if they can get it shipped quickly. I ordered a LED last week and it has not shipped yet,

About the color of the LED, I know it has red and green, I installed one in a 2012 since long gone.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I called SmartMadness this morning and as usual received impeccable service.
The cruise control and arm rest are on their way to me. Looking forward to a smooth trip to NYC in a few weeks.

-Simon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts